Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa and Changing Passport

Options
  • 04-09-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks, I currently have a 2 year Canadian working visa that expires in November 2020 but my passport expires in January 2020. Does anyone know if I have a new passport will this affect my visa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have you activated the 2 year visa? Are you in Canada now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coyner212

the_syco wrote: »
    Have you activated the 2 year visa? Are you in Canada now?

Yes, I’m already in Canada and visa has been activated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Coyner212 wrote: »

Odd that you were given a visa that is valid beyond the validity of your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Coyner212 wrote: »
    Can you double check the expiration date on the visa? Very odd that they'd give you a visa with the expiration date after your passport expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

the_syco wrote: »
    Can you double check the expiration date on the visa? Very odd that they'd give you a visa with the expiration date after your passport expires.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=861&top=25
    If you’re from an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or visa-required country, you will need to get a new eTA or visa.
    Bring a photocopy of your old passport and your new valid passport with you to Canada. When you arrive in Canada, you must tell the border services officer that you have a new passport.
    The officer will check your documents and print out your work permit if you meet the requirements to enter Canada.
    Your work permit is still valid even if it is attached to your old passport number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement