Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Eir mobile, anyone having issues with losing signal on the west side of the city?

• 04-09-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭ _Whimsical_

I've been with Eir for 2 months now and I'm having constant issues with losing signal, someone else in my house is having the same. I have rang them twice now and they gave me some blurb about updating a mast in the Galway area and that signal is about to become much better "next week".
    At this point I'm not sure if it's genuinely a mast issue or if it's my sim etc. Is anyone else having the same trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭ Tilikum17

I've been with Eir for 2 months now and I'm having constant issues with losing signal, someone else in my house is having the same. I have rang them twice now and they gave me some blurb about updating a mast in the Galway area and that signal is about to become much better "next week".
    At this point I'm not sure if it's genuinely a mast issue or if it's my sim etc. Is anyone else having the same trouble?

I live on the west side of the city & had zero coverage in my house & zero coverage in work (east side of the city)

Moved to Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,778 ✭✭✭✭ Joslyn Square Cheese

I find eir coverage very good in the city, I am over on the westside at times also and no issues full 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭ _Whimsical_

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I live on the west side of the city & had zero coverage in my house & zero coverage in work (east side of the city)

Moved to Vodafone.

Was that recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭ Tilikum17

Was that recently?

I switched to Vodafone last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭ Metroid diorteM

I was with three for years but switched to eir mobile recently because they do my home broadband and had a deal.

I regret it to be honest and I’ll be going back next year when my contract ends.

Three was just way faster and more reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,778 ✭✭✭✭ Joslyn Square Cheese

I was with three for years but switched to eir mobile recently because they do my home broadband and had a deal.

I regret it to be honest and I’ll be going back next year when my contract ends.

Three was just way faster and more reliable.

My experience was the exact opposite. I had mobile BB with eir but the 50G cap was just too low so changed to 3. I regretted it immediately it was absolute dirt. 500kbs at peak times in the evening was a a regular occurance whereas eir rarely dropped below around 10mbs.

I’ve been an eir mobile user for over 10 years and honestly could not fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ mburke

I moved from vodafone to Three, a big mistake. If I go into Dunnes, B&Q or Joyces the phone says emergency calls only, no coverage and it isn't an issue with the phone.
    Back to vodafone at the end of the year.

Advertisement