Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Debrief

Options
  • 04-09-2019 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

I had an interview on 16/08 and on Monday was asked to attend an interview debrief next week.

The position is not advertised but more a case of me trying to join the company - I showed intered in working there. A person I vaguely know in there arranged for me to attend the interview with his two colleagues.

Does anyone know what this debrief will entail as mostly what I find online relates to interviwers carrying out this task. I am away on holidays until the day before and want to prepare as much as I can. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I would have thought an interview debrief was for the people who interviewed you to discuss how your interview went.

They definitely used the phrase "interview debrief"?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I would have thought an interview debrief was for the people who interviewed you to discuss how your interview went.

They definitely used the phrase "interview debrief"?

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

I thought the same also. I got a calendar invite today and it is titled ‘interview feedback’. Not too confident on that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

McSween wrote: »
    I thought the same also. I got a calendar invite today and it is titled ‘interview feedback’. Not too confident on that.

Ah that's different from a debrief.

Is it in person or a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah that's different from a debrief.

Is it in person or a phone call?

In person

• Advertisement

McSween wrote: »
    In person

Ok I'd be taking positives from that they are not imo going to waste their time bringing you in to tell you to pfo

Advertisement