Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physio recommended i stand more

Options
  • 03-09-2019 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hey,

A physio has recommended i get a new standing desk at work due to a few injuries i have been getting over the last few years.
    I am going to ask my employer if they are willing to pay for this. I have worked for this company for 10 years.
    Is this something a work place would be obligated to buy for me or can they say no?
    If they say no i will just save up and buy one myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

No obligation on them but a decent employer will be delighted to buy you one once it fits into office space ok......considering the alternative is an unproductive, injured employee and all that comes with it, absenteeism etc....

I certainly wouldnt be afraid to ask, I did years ago and its great.

Only thing your employer might say is if you get one everyone will want one, but guess what.....they won't!!
    I'm still the only one that uses one in my place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If your company has an occupational health doctor I would recommend speaking with them. They will put their recommendation to your employer and they will more than likely be able to accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

My job purchased it for me along with a new chair - to be fair, they have been very good to me over the years with illnesses and as they said, it was a small price to pay to have me in - total cost was around 2k for both.
    No harm in asking, especially as you are working there that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I will do. I wasn’t sure if it would come across a bit cheeky.

Advertisement