Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling crash

Options
  • 02-09-2019 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I was taking part in a race 5 weeks ago & unfortunately crashed off the bike. I have been out of work since. Does anyone know if I can claim for loss of earnings from the organisers insurance? Any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Welcome to Boards Ireland76. I've moved your query to the cycling forum where more people might be able to help with your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

Ireland76 wrote: »
    Hi, I was taking part in a race 5 weeks ago & unfortunately crashed off the bike. I have been out of work since. Does anyone know if I can claim for loss of earnings from the organisers insurance? Any info greatly appreciated.

Sorry about your accident

Was it the organisers fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I dont see how as it was your fault unless you can prove it wasn't if that's the case....

You are eligible for social and depending on company you work for they may well pay full or part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Was it a 'race' or an organised cycle?
    Sorry to hear that, sounds nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I really hope you can’t unless they were in some way negligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I hope your crash was not too severe and you manage to get over it.

This might help:

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/insurance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Fill out the incident and accident report form from the link above, it's what your license covers.

Advertisement