Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever feel that you're just not quick enough for those psychometric tests?

Options
  • 02-09-2019 1:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭

I hate it when the interview process involves two interviews and one/two of these tests that are either online or at a hotel where the candidates meet.

It seems to me that a lot of positions advertised with multinationals involve these tests. I suppose it's a good way of making sure that the smartest people get through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It makes sure the people best at the tests get through. There are loads of places you can practice them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I’m actually due to do 2 of these this evening for a position I’m in the running for which is with a multinational.

I’m currently working for a multinational and don’t remember doing any when applying but it was over 4 years ago so I may have and have since forgotten.

Did a couple of practice runs earlier and found them surprisingly stressful but after a few tries I got into the rhythm.

I tried 1 and answered all 18 but only 13 correctly and definitely rushed the last 2, that scored me in the 87th percentile. I wonder if I’d have been better off not rushing the last 2 and either not answering or getting 1 correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Augme

When you are dealing with large volumes of candidates it is a great way to cut down the numbers quickly and cheaply. That's pretty much the main reason they are used.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

filter out the thicks ?

Advertisement