Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring rashers and sausages in hand luggage to Canada?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Rashers yes sausages no.
    Afaik

Edit.. Googled it for you. Looks like uncooked meat in general isn't allowed in.

I always wondered why people bothered to take such things.. You'll find similar in canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Vesper

Thanks for your reply. I googled it too and could not find a thing that answered my question!

My brother lives there and he said the rashers and sausages available in Toronto arent a patch on Irish! My sister is coming from NZ who also misses an Irish fry!

Can you send me the link you found please.

Appreciate it
    Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Galway Arms on The Queensway stocks Irish sausages & rashers, as well as potato cakes.

If you want to bring in meat, it'll have to be in a special box, with dry ice in it to keep it cool, and will need to go in with the luggage; have looked into it myself.

Advertisement