Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keepsake - fur

Options
  • 01-09-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Ok sorry to be morbid but I have some of Codys fur I’ll like to keep with me.. I can find places in UK / USA who make keepsakes from the fur etc but I can’t find anywhere in Ireland?

I know the places in UK I can post it over etc but if possible I’d rather use somewhere here .. any ideas?

I was considering maybe a bead for a pandora bracelet, keychain or something similar nothing too OTT.. it’s a personal thing for me I’d like to keep him close without everyone knowing if that makes sense ...

I am getting his ashes back hopefully this week in scatter tub (which we will scatter on his favorite walks) and a really small paw print urn with some of his ashes so I can keep a little of him with me .. :(

I kinda like this ladies work...

https://www.cosmiclensjewellery.co.uk/product-page/hair-keepsake-european-style-bead-bracelet

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Have you tried Etsy?

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

VonVix wrote: »
    Have you tried Etsy?

I have yes ...
    as far as I can see they are mostly based in US and some in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Theres a lady whos facebook page I follow because her work is so amazing and beautiful - have a look (hope I can put her info on here, if not Mods please remove) - she does incredible things using Felting - her website is craftsofireland.ie and her facebook page is Crafts of Ireland - she might be able to help

https://www.facebook.com/craftsofireland/photos/a.717027258371058/3010023772404717/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/craftsofireland/photos/a.717027258371058/2910592092347886/?type=3&theater

Thank you so much I’ll check them out xx

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Sorry to hear about your pet. I think the jewellery is beautiful, would you be worried about losing it wearing it around?

There is a company who makes lovely resin jewellery in Ireland but uses plants. The maker may be able to help you if you contact and ask about it (if you don’t want to send it to England). How much fur do you have to use? could you possibly make it into an resin ornament if you are worried about losing the jewellery?

The felt is lovely too...something framed would be lovely too

• Advertisement

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your pet. I think the jewellery is beautiful, would you be worried about losing it wearing it around?

There is a company who makes lovely resin jewellery in Ireland but uses plants. The maker may be able to help you if you contact and ask about it (if you don’t want to send it to England). How much fur do you have to use? could you possibly make it into an resin ornament if you are worried about losing the jewellery?

The felt is lovely too...something framed would be lovely too

Understand your concerns and don’t think they use a lot of the fur .. after we said goodbye they shaved a good bit off for me x so I’d say I’ve enough to use for something and the also to keep.

I do have a painting of him (sad I know) and some professional photos I’m going to have framed - and maybe add some of the fur to the center of that x or something?

It’s just something I’m looking for to keep on my person .. so he’s close to me that’s all x

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Another idea, you could buy a nice locket, and put some of his fur behind the photo glass inside. The jeweller could engrave your pets name onto it too. A good sturdy chain would prevent you losing it.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pet, I've been there and it's heart breaking. I kept a whisker from my beloved cat who died 15 years ago and I treasure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

cocker5 wrote: »
    Understand your concerns and don’t think they use a lot of the fur .. after we said goodbye they shaved a good bit off for me x so I’d say I’ve enough to use for something and the also to keep.

I do have a painting of him (sad I know) and some professional photos I’m going to have framed - and maybe add some of the fur to the center of that x or something?

It’s just something I’m looking for to keep on my person .. so he’s close to me that’s all x

They would only use a small bit of the fur in the resin, it is great that you have more fur to keep incase you lost the necklace for some reason. Sometimes that happens no matter how sturdy chain is but you could just get another one made if needs be.

it's not sad, it is nice that you have some things to comfort you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

In our vet practice we use the little vaccine vials to place some of the pet's fur in. We wash the vial, take off the sticker and put a tiny bow on. I'd be glad to send you one. xx

boomerang wrote: »
    In our vet practice we use the little vaccine vials to place some of the pet's fur in. We wash the vial, take off the sticker and put a tiny bow on. I'd be glad to send you one. xx

That’s such a lovely idea ! Never thought of it x and that’s so much for the offer .. when I’m
    Collecting his ashes I’ll ask my vet for one x but thanks ur so so good to offer

• Advertisement
Advertisement