Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual dog toileting

Options
  • 30-08-2019 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭

Maybe it's common but find it a bit weird, 1yr old Shih tzu / bichon, male....three or four months ago when out walking & needing to poop started doing it on three legs as if urinating rather than squatting, does it all the time now, sometimes he will search for a tree or pole to rest his hind leg, is this common? Looks really odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Has he been checked by a vet eg could he have a problem with his knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Has been to vet, not for this specifically, he’s in good health, forgot to mention , don’t think it’s a knee problem as he walks, runs, jumps, stands on hinds no issue but will mention next time, he’s not in any distress, must be more awkward doing it this way I would have thought but will definitely bring to vets attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Have a friend I walk with he has a miniature schnauzer and he does exact same thing. He's about 7 or 8 years old now and has always done it. No health issues.
    I've never seen my lab do it

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Could be worse like....

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I had a terrior back in the early 90's used to lift one of his rear legs when pooping; sometimes the left and other times the right,
    I was around 9 or 10 back then and used to think he looked like a pump using the leg to leavure out the log

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

I have a female terrier who will occasionally use the nearest wall to launch her two back legs in the air and pee whilst doing a handstand. Even as I write it, it sounds as ridiculous as it looks.
    No idea why she does it, no health issues, just a bit nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

LenWoods wrote: »
    Iused to think he looked like a pump

:pac: My friend says that about Bailey weeing because his tail goes up and down lol

Advertisement