Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility massage - has anyone tried this?

Options
  • 29-08-2019 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello. I've been looking at various treatments and fertility massage is something that sounds great, does all the right things but I don't know anyone who has done it before. Have any of you? How did you find it? The person I was looking at doing it with seems to include all angles, e.g. talks through nutrition and that kind of things with you too as well as the fertility massage which is supposed to stimulate blood flow to ovaries as well as help with digestion, helo liver with toxins etc.

I know that a fool and their money can be easily parted :D so wanted to know if there were any reviews/success stories from this kind of treatment? I've been doing acupuncture and taking chinese herbs for over a year now, started after first round of IVF. Second round was also not successful though it is 'unexplained infertility'.

I like the idea of a more holilstic approach to the whole thing tbh, hated the IVF.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Only seeing this post now, so apologies for the late reply.

I don't know if You tried the fertility massage but if not do. If anything it will be good for relaxing and calming the mind a bit. I know a lady who does it locally and I spoke to her about starting it not long before I got pregnant. I didn't end up doing it as I got pregnant on my first round of IUI, but I know she has had a lot of success with her clients. I may try it with her next year as I would like to have another baby and I'm not sure if we will need assistance again. I would like to see if doing it will increase my chances, and not having to go down the fertility assistance route again! I think the only thing putting me off is the cost, but I may need to just stop buying myself so many daily coffee's and clothes I don't need! lol

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

Thanks very much. I hadn't gone for it in the end but think I will do so this month or next and get a renewed focus on my fertility. Thanks for replying! It is expensive, OH laughed when I told him how much but sure lok, it's a fraction of what more IVF will cost so worth a go if it will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

squigglyd wrote: »
    Thanks very much. I hadn't gone for it in the end but think I will do so this month or next and get a renewed focus on my fertility. Thanks for replying! It is expensive, OH laughed when I told him how much but sure lok, it's a fraction of what more IVF will cost so worth a go if it will help.

It does work, well it did kind of for me. Wanted to get myself ready for IVF so had about 4 sessions of fertility massage. Waiting on my period to start meds and no sign, did a test and lob and behold, my first ever positive test. Now unfortunately that pregnancy wasn’t viable but in my eyes it still worked! The lovely girl that provided the massages moved to a different county soon after and I never found another person to do the abdominal massages again. I got too impatient eventually and did one more round of IVF (got OHSS and froze all) and so now I’m doing a night feed for my 18 day old little son.

So I know I’m lucky to be holding my baby and so it’s easy to say what works and doesn’t but I still do believe that that massage worked for me (and I’ve tried all alternatives medicines). I wished I had tried harder to have found another person to do massage (make sure it’s abdominal) before I started IVF again. Next time fingers crossed I will.

Best of luck on your journey xxxxx

Advertisement