Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby elegance cupla duo v Uppa baby vista

Options
  • 29-08-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, looking for some advice. We are expecting our first baby and are on the hunt for a travel system. A lot of friends have recommended the uppa baby vista which can convert to a double if needed down the line which is ideally what we’re looking for. However we have also come across the baby elegance cupla duo which seems to have v similar features but is about 600euro cheaper! We’ve found it hard to get reviews on the cupla duo and wondering if there is a reason for that.. wonder if it would last the test of time. Has anyone any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I can speak for the Vista,having had it for five years and as a double.Fab buggy.
    The baby elegance I've seen, seems fine but flimsier, and seats eem a bit smaller.
    Your best option is to go into the likes of Tony Kealy's and try them both out.You will know better then what suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

shesty wrote: »
    I can speak for the Vista,having had it for five years and as a double.Fab buggy.
    The baby elegance I've seen, seems fine but flimsier, and seats eem a bit smaller.
    Your best option is to go into the likes of Tony Kealy's and try them both out.You will know better then what suits you.

I’ve the vista too and I’d heartily recommend it. Am using it on number 2 and soon will need it for no 3. It’s robust and durable and has travelled out of the country at least 4 times on planes with no issues. The built in sunshade with uva/uvb protection is also so useful in hot or sunny weather. My first slept in the bassinet until he was 6 months as he preferred it to the Moses basket and the mattress in it is suitable for overnight sleeping.
    I see plenty in excellent condition for sale secondhand on adverts if you didn’t want to spend all your moolah on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have to say I agree, I love it.It has it's quirks as they all do, but it is still far and away the best buggy I have tried out for family life with small kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I'd go for the Vista. The cupla duo just seemed very flimsy and cheap to me when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Second hand Vista. We cheaped out on our first buggy and it was a waste of money. I'd go second hand with a better one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The better ones will hold value for reselling anyhow, it might not be as expensive long term as you think

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Vista is excellent, very sturdy with a large basket underneath.

IMO the only downside to the Vista is the weight of it. Because of how sturdy it is it's pretty heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kelly1012

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated. I think we are going to go with the uppa baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

We had been deliberating between a Cruz and some sort of baby elegance. We compared them side by side, and the baby elegance just didn't seem as sturdy.

We didn't go with the Vista, as it just seemed too bulky and the basket wasn't as accessible. At that stage there wasn't an option to double up on the cruz, but I'm not sure of that's changed in the current model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My only advice relating to picking a travel system is try lifting it in and out of your boot before you buy. I didn’t and the one I picked was so heavy and awkward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement