Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd one, would a tyre patch work on a well?

Options
  • 28-08-2019 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Hi

Random and very off topic but who better to ask....

My wife's discovered a hole in her nicely broken in Hunter wellies two days in advance of electric picnic, do you think a standard bike glue and patch would do it? It's in location that takes the most creases hence the split,

thanks a mill,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Probably, probably not . What's to lose from putting it in and walking around the garden to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Yeah, it'll be grand. Often used to see auld lads back home with patches on the wellies. Tell her she has to use blue baling twine instead of a belt for her trousers while she's at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Yeah, it'll be grand. Often used to see auld lads back home with patches on the wellies. Tell her she has to use blue baling twine instead of a belt for her trousers while she's at it.

Lol, will pass on belt instructions!!
    Can't see get gong for it though! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,575 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

in relation to the thread title, i suspect if your well has sprung a leak, you may want something more permanent..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd patch from the inside, or use TEC 7. Surely a patch on a pair of Hunters for a music festival defeats the purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Effects wrote: »
    I'd patch from the inside, or use TEC 7. Surely a patch on a pair of Hunters for a music festival defeats the purpose?
    Battlejacket wellies!
    il_794xN.1786886289_3t0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Invincible

Use Aquasure, clear liquid, have used it on hunters before where they split at heel. Most outdoor/sporting goods shops will have it.

https://outdoor.mcnett.eu/outdoor/aquasure-urethane-repair-adhesive-sealant/

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Use a hot knife and melt it back together

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The price of Hunter wellies you would not expect them to split! I have a very comfy pair of lined Lidl wellies that cost somewhere around a tenner and they are going strong.

looksee wrote: »
    The price of Hunter wellies you would not expect them to split! I have a very comfy pair of lined Lidl wellies that cost somewhere around a tenner and they are going strong.

I assume all wellies split over time. Mine do anyway, with farm use.

Perhaps the Hunters weren't used to often which affected the rubber?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

in relation to the thread title, i suspect if your well has sprung a leak, you may want something more permanent..
    Is a well not already a leak?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You'll get a pair of wellies for €10/€12 in Dunnes, Woodies, B&Q etc.

(Does she put them on a radiator/boiler etc. to dry after use? That causes them to split.)

You'll get a pair of wellies for €10/€12 in Dunnes, Woodies, B&Q etc.

(Does she put them on a radiator/boiler etc. to dry after use? That causes them to split.)

But they won’t have the hunter logo on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Effects wrote: »
    But they won’t have the hunter logo on them.

cut the logo from the hunters and stick on with solution to the aldi pair

Duck tape the leakey wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cut the logo from the hunters and stick on with solution to the aldi pair....
    But what about that utterly pointless little strap and buckle that distinguishes the Hunters from the others. That's what you pay the €90 for! :pac:

Advertisement