Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatsapp

Options
  • 28-08-2019 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I got a Samsung Galaxy A70 yesterday but only set it up 2day. I am having a problem transferring WhatsApp messages from my old phone to my new one. They didn't transfer using Samsung Smart Swich and now I think I f***ed it up transferring. I backed up on my old phone but what it's saying now on the two phones is "Can't send an SMS with you code because you've tried register (my number) recently. Request a call or wait before requesting a message" Is there anything I can do before I request call? maybe if I delete my account and start again?

Comments

leemaree wrote: »
    I got a Samsung Galaxy A70 yesterday but only set it up 2day. I am having a problem transferring WhatsApp messages from my old phone to my new one. They didn't transfer using Samsung Smart Swich and now I think I f***ed it up transferring. I backed up on my old phone but what it's saying now on the two phones is "Can't send an SMS with you code because you've tried register (my number) recently. Request a call or wait before requesting a message" Is there anything I can do before I request call? maybe if I delete my account and start again?

I wouldn't bother with smart switch. Just make sure you've backed up WhatsApp on your old phone (in WhatsApp, not Samsung back up) then install WhatsApp on your new phone and restore from backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Stick your sim back in your old phone and back up what's app through the what'spp app.
    I think you've fecked it if you've to log back fresh into whatsapp on your old phone when you put the sim back in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Stick your sim back in your old phone and back up what's app through the what'spp app.
    I think you've fecked it if you've to log back fresh into whatsapp on your old phone when you put the sim back in

I'll try this but I think I've fecked it up alright

I fecked this up big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

leemaree wrote: »
    I fecked this up big time

If you had auto backup enabled it might not be too bad. Get WhatsApp working on the new phone and look in settings to see if you can restore from a Google drive backup. You might have a recent backup there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Fecked this up many a time but it was always recoverable by signing back into the old phone and backing up again

Thanks guys. I put my sim bk in my old phone, backed up chat history, put my sim bk in new phone and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gunbro

for offline backup

just copy databases folder in WhatsApp folder from previous phone and paste it in new phone.

Advertisement