Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo ThinkPad P1 - i7-8750H -15.6" 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD - QUADRO P1000 - 1496 Euro

Options
  • 28-08-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

This isn't in the "Budget" arena I guess but would be interesting for people that are doing Engineering/CAD Work (maybe with some light gaming)

https://www.box.co.uk/20MD0014UK-Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1_2426887.html

With Delivery to Mainland Germany it came out at total of £1,360.21 (1496 Euros with N26) :)

Delivery to Ireland I guess might be free ? Delivery was £10.24 for me.

KEY FEATURES
    • Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core Processor
    • 15.6" Full HD IPS Screen
    • Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit
    • 16GB DDR4 RAM
    • 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
    • Dedicated NVIDIA Quadro P1000 4GB Graphics
    • USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth
    • Finger Print Reader
    • ThinkShutter
    • Backlit Keyboard
    • 3 Year Warranty

Includes Intel Adobe Software Bundle

Yes there is a newer generation out, Identical chassis with a marginal CPU and GPU upgrade (i9750H + P1000)

If you spec out the 2nd Gen with the same i9750+P1000 on Lenovos own store with a 250 euro discount it comes to 2243 Euros.

In any case I couldn't find this machine in the same spec for the same price anywhere.

For me I want something portable with a Decent Screen and battery life and to get into some 3d rendering / CAD.

It does support Thunderbolt 3 so if you really want gaming you could do that too, but if you want mobile gaming on the GO would be better to go with the Lenovo X1 or something else maybe :) as Quadro Cards are more suited to CAD/Rendering/3D Graphics on the go.

Anyways just thought I would share :) might not suit anyone.

Personally I went for it as I had Thinkpads over the years through work and loved the keyboards :)

Advertisement