Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group ride in Blanchardstown area?

Options
  • 28-08-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm doing triathlons and have been training on my own fro the last 3 years.
    So far I have done few olympics and I have just completed DL 70.3 last week end.
    The event made me realised that I need to spend more time on the saddle if I want to improve my times... the issue is that I find it tough to go for more than 3 hours on my own especially with winter coming.
    I would be glad if I could join people for a 2,5 to 4 hours ride on Sundays, average speed around 28-30km/h (when i'm riding alone).

I'm a 31yrs old Frenchman who has been living in Ireland for 8yrs now, I like a good chat as long as it's not about the French national rugby team :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SfeD

I guess I will be riding alone then! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

There are a couple of Tri clubs around that area - not sure what they were called - one had a tri suit that wasn't too easy on the eye....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You could just hook with a cycling group...

http://castleknockcyclingclub.ie/club-spins/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 momopk

EC1000 wrote: »
    There are a couple of Tri clubs around that area - not sure what they were called - one had a tri suit that wasn't too easy on the eye....
    Their suits...Have improved active mulisport.is the one you are thinking about

There is also tritanium

And if I go out that area I will give you a shout

beauf wrote: »
    You could just hook with a cycling group...

Yes it could actually be a good option, even if I was more looking to go occasionally for a ride without being committed to a club

• Advertisement

EC1000 wrote: »
    I checked both of them, i will reach out to see if possible to join before January 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

You might get a better response in the cycling forum...but possibly a cycling club will be the best recommendation

You might get a better response in the cycling forum...but possibly a cycling club will be the best recommendation
    I'm new to forum posting, is there a way to transfer the topic myself or should I just reopen it in the cycling section?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TurboTerror

Blanchardstown wheelers (cycling club) are a very active cycling and racing club.
    They have a great Facebook page where I’m sure you would find some more information about their spins. A lot of triathletes cycle with cycling clubs during the winter to get the mileage done. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

+1 on Blanch Wheelies. Spins start at the Strawberry Hall pub on Sunday mornings. You would be more than welcome.

• Advertisement

I will get in touch with them, thx!

Advertisement