Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth upgrading from Huawei Watch to Huawei Watch 2?

Options
  • 27-08-2019 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Is it worth upgrading from a 1st Gen Huawei Watch to a Huawei Watch 2? The Watch 2 is £137.99 on Amazon today, with the Watch 2 4G at £165.99.

I use my watch for the notifications, Spotify controls, fitness tracking, etc. and I'm happy - getting 2 - 2.5 days out of a charge. The sleep tracking would be nice, as would the NFC payment functionality. I see the Watch 2 has a bigger battery than the 1st Gen, which would also be nice!

Would the Watch 2 be a good upgrade, or is there anything else that would be better? Would there be any noticeable improvements in the functions I mentioned above? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Is it worth upgrading from a 1st Gen Huawei Watch to a Huawei Watch 2? The Watch 2 is £137.99 on Amazon today, with the Watch 2 4G at £165.99.

I use my watch for the notifications, Spotify controls, fitness tracking, etc. and I'm happy - getting 2 - 2.5 days out of a charge. The sleep tracking would be nice, as would the NFC payment functionality. I see the Watch 2 has a bigger battery than the 1st Gen, which would also be nice!

Would the Watch 2 be a good upgrade, or is there anything else that would be better? Would there be any noticeable improvements in the functions I mentioned above? Thanks for any advice!

I have both (non 3g) and am (trying) to alternate between the 2. Both last same amount of time, 1 day with display on all the time. Display is fairly small on the 2, vibrations are better on the 2. I go the 2 for NFC but don't use it as i couldn't be asked activating it before use, its far easier to take the phone out and use that. I wear the 2 when swimming and its grand.

Advertisement