Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage/retro look bike for my wife

Options
  • 26-08-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

We've taken to going cycling as a family around the phoenix park at the weekends and my wife has been using a dublin bike so time to purchase we think. She likes the look of the vintage-y dutch style bikes. The martello sutton looks nice but they seem to be cheaper quality. I'd appreciate any recs for similar that we could buy through the bike to work scheme please. Budget upto 500 maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Pashleys are a nice option, they look nice and are well made and fit the bill looks wise.

The Poppy looks the business and reasonably close to the budget. My wife's first bike was a Pashley, I got it about six years ago and it's still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Watch the weights on this kind of bike - the cheap ones are usually fairly heavy, and the Pashleys, although gorgeous quality, are not particularly light either.

The Electra Loft is relatively light and a decent ride. A little over €500, but decent quality. Electra is a Trek sub-brand, so Trek dealers should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Type 17 wrote: »
    Watch the weights on this kind of bike - the cheap ones are usually fairly heavy, and the Pashleys, although gorgeous quality, are not particularly light either.

The Electra Loft is relatively light and a decent ride. A little over €500, but decent quality. Electra is a Trek sub-brand, so Trek dealers should have them.

Got the Electra in the end, she's very happy with it. Thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement