Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 58 inch 4k TV 369pounds

Options
  • 25-08-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Thinking of taking the plunge on below TV as need new TV for large living room but budget is tight. Can anyone shed any light on value of this based on specs. Also how much would delivery be using parcelmotel as Amazon won't ship it to Republic.

Philips 58PUS6203/12 58-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR Plus and Freeview Play - Black (2018/2019 Model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J5BCMY7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y9UyDbNR0TSAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭bunderoon

mjp wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the plunge on below TV as need new TV for large living room but budget is tight. Can anyone shed any light on value of this based on specs. Also how much would delivery be using parcelmotel as Amazon won't ship it to Republic.

Philips 58PUS6203/12 58-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR Plus and Freeview Play - Black (2018/2019 Model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J5BCMY7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y9UyDbNR0TSAN

You'd want to check PM for what size they allow.
    A box for a 58" TV will be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

bunderoon wrote: »

About 60-62 inches. 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Addresspal maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

bunderoon wrote: »

Looking at box dimensions and seem to be ok for parcel motel so shouldn't have any issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

If oversized you can always collect from their warehouse ... Not sure if they have many around the country but the Dublin one was a doddle to collect from (this is for Parcel Motel)

Keep in mind insurance. You can pay a little extra to increase the insured value with PM , but not so sure about other delivery companies.

• Advertisement

Looking at box dimensions and seem to be ok for parcel motel so shouldn't have any issues there.

Not accepting PM as delivery address either now which I don't understand. Any known reasons for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Not accepting PM as delivery address either now which I don't understand. Any known reasons for this?

Usually to do with lithium ion battery.....
    Or very big items... Try addresspal

Usually to do with lithium ion battery.....
    Or very big items... Try addresspal

Restriction is on Amazon side. Packages over certain size and weight won't be shipped outside of mainland UK. Struggling find any other way around it. Do addresspal and parcel wizard use northern ireland addresses aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Restriction is on Amazon side. Packages over certain size and weight won't be shipped outside of mainland UK. Struggling find any other way around it. Do addresspal and parcel wizard use northern ireland addresses aswell?

AddressPal is mainland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭djan

I used addresspal when I bought a 55inch Phillips TV last black Friday. This was just a tad over their dimensions limits but they still delivered it about 6 or so days later. The 58inch would be a lot over so unless they've changed their policy I'd not risk it.

Another thing to consider is AFAIK the insurance on their parcels is very low so not ideal for expensive stuff...

Having said all that I'd really recommend getting an ambilight version, preferably the 3 sided one. Unless you have the TV in a cabinet and no wall space around it, the lights are a game changer to experiencing TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 watchman.ie

Agree with, try and get one with ambilight, didn't believe how much difference it would make, it really makes an impact if used as free standing or wall mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

+ 1 for an ambilight TV (well worth it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

is that model of tv any good though??

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Agree with, try and get one with ambilight, didn't believe how much difference it would make, it really makes an impact if used as free standing or wall mounted.

It's possible to buy an led light strip that attaches to the rear of any TV and is powered via a USB socket on the tv.Amazon sell them for around a tenner.They come in different lengths to suit various screen sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The insurance with addresspal is very small, something €40 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭highdef

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    It's possible to buy an led light strip that attaches to the rear of any TV and is powered via a USB socket on the tv.Amazon sell them for around a tenner.They come in different lengths to suit various screen sizes.

And this will replicate the ambilight by changing color to reflect with what is being shown on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

highdef wrote: »
    And this will replicate the ambilight by changing color to reflect with what is being shown on screen?

No, they're controlled manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is how ambilight works
    https://youtu.be/qJWl-p0pRjM

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Definitely recommend getting the ambilight also, bought a philips 50 inch last year with ambilight, picked it over an LG TV just for the curiosity to see how good the ambilight is. Was not disappointed by it, works very well. Makes the TV look much bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

highdef wrote: »

What's the point of recommending this as some kind of replacement for ambilight? It doesn't compare at all...

• Advertisement

Bought this through Addresspal yesterday so will see whether it comes through. Been already shipped out from amazon atleast.

Would like to get model with ambilight or a higher spec tv but budgets are tight so just need something big enough for room at moment and will look to pick up 65 inch on black Friday or Xmas and sell this one on. Other half will kill me if splash out near a grand on TV after buying 49" LG already for other living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i was going to buy a 65inch ambilight from amazon before christmas.

I emailed addresspal support with the link, i was told too big for collection but i could get home delivery for 12.99.

i asked him was he 100% sure the size was not a problem and he said nope.

by the time we went through this the deal was over and i didnt order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭djan

brightkane wrote: »
    i was going to buy a 65inch ambilight from amazon before christmas.

I emailed addresspal support with the link, i was told too big for collection but i could get home delivery for 12.99.

i asked him was he 100% sure the size was not a problem and he said nope.

by the time we went through this the deal was over and i didnt order.

So he was or wasn't sure about the size being a problem? My 55" TV last year was just above the dimensions stated on their site and I could collect it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

sorry, he said i couldn't collect it but they would deliver it for 12.99

Advertisement