If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wireless surround system

Options
  • 24-08-2019 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a wireless speaker system to replace my beloved MA Vectors. I was getting some work done and they cut the cables for the front and rear speakers. As the have finished the floors and the skirting, I now have no way of re-cabling that the BH will allow.....:mad:

Have you an option on either a 1. standalone wireless surround sound kit (similar to the Samsung Q90R?)

Or 2. A wireless speaker system that could work with the Denon AVR-X2300??

Thanks guys, appreciate the help as always !!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking for a wireless speaker system to replace my beloved MA Vectors. I was getting some work done and they cut the cables for the front and rear speakers. As the have finished the floors and the skirting, I now have no way of re-cabling that the BH will allow.....:mad:

Have you an option on either a 1. standalone wireless surround sound kit (similar to the Samsung Q90R?)

Or 2. A wireless speaker system that could work with the Denon AVR-X2300??

Thanks guys, appreciate the help as always !!
    Hey Ryanno.

Seems like a bit of a nightmare that the cables have been cut.

There are a few soundbars that can incorporate wireless rears like the Q90R mentioned above and you can get some of the Yamaha higher end amps that allow for the Yamaha Musiccast speakers to be used as wireless rears. This option would involve a whole new receiver.

The Yamaha RXA680 will allow for this priced at £449. You can then add 2 musiccast 20 or 50 as wireless rears.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203497-yamaha-rxa680-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

You could then still use your current fronts, centre and sub.

In the soundbar options Sony have the HTZF9 at £599 and you can add in the SAZ9R's as rears priced ta £299
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203249-sony-htzf9-soundbar.aspx
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203337-sony-saz9r-wireless-rear-speakers.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Kenny,

Unfortunately the front left (furthest from the receiver) and both rear cables were cut. I have to consider a front "all in one" soundbar setup with wireless rears I think.

I could go with stands for the front two and use the cable management in the stands. The MA Vectors don't fit great on stands though..... 

Do the Samsung sound any good or would I be loosing the immersive sound with the Denon and MA?

I am sick over this TBH - I loved my current setup..... All bought from you guys over the past few years. I'll keep searching for solutions too Kenny, thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Regards,

Mick

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

Unfortunately the front left (furthest from the receiver) and both rear cables were cut. I have to consider a front "all in one" soundbar setup with wireless rears I think.

I could go with stands for the front two and use the cable management in the stands. The MA Vectors don't fit great on stands though..... 

Do the Samsung sound any good or would I be loosing the immersive sound with the Denon and MA?

I am sick over this TBH - I loved my current setup..... All bought from you guys over the past few years. I'll keep searching for solutions too Kenny, thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Regards,

Mick
    Hey Mick.

It's always hard to compare a soundbar setup to a 5.1 system.

The Q90R is very good at what its designed to do and really does give a quality sound. It's also bursting with tech and features.
    I could shave a little of its price down to £1229

I'll keep my eye out for anything else that might suit and if you see anything let me know.

Hey Kenny et al!

Hope all is well guys. I am getting a feature wall built and I am looking at changing my setup now. I was able to run cables (semi discretely) and got an extra 4 years out of the MA speakers and Denon. My MA Sub also died this week after a good life.......

Has there been any major upgrades on wireless multispeaker setups? I am looking at adding at least 2 rears and a sub to a soundbar setup. This is to accompany the AMAZING LG 65 G2 OLED that I got from you last year.

Thanks as always,

Mick

Morning Ryanno.

Which soundbar is it that you are trying to add wireless rears too?

There are only certain ones that can add wireless rears.

To the GX soundbar you can add the LG SPQ8s priced at €299

• Advertisement

Good Morning Kenny,

I never actually opened the GX that I got with the OLED TV and it is sitting in my attic - BNIB. I don't want to lose the immersive sound that I get from my current 5.1 System with the Denon and MAs that I am using.

I am open to a brand new setup to keep a premium, high end sound for TV, Movies and Music. In your opinion, would the GX matched with those rears be a good solution, or could you recommend something with more of an impact?

The feature wall is currently in design stage, so now is the perfect time to plan the speaker and main soundbar/unit placement.

Regards,

Mick.

Hey Ryanno.

The Denon AVRX2300 that you have can not use wireless rears unfortunately.

It is hard to compare a Home Cinema setup with a soundbar as in my opinion you will always get better sound quality with a Home Cinema system.

However the GX soundbar with the wireless rears will sound fantastic.

If you switched things up and went for the Yamaha RXV6 you can add music cast speakers in as wireless rears.

MusicCast 20 priced at €219 Each

The RXV6 itself is priced at €628

You can also use a wireless subwoofer with the RXV6.

PM sent Kenny!

Cheers Ryanno :)

Work on a little reply now for you.

Just replied!

• Advertisement

Back to you ;)

Welcome to Wimbledon....... another one your way.....

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

It's doubles now! Kenny's off so I'll get back to your PM asap.

Kind regards

David

Haha :) Thanks David, appreciate it.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.