Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Calling S8+ on Eir on a phone that used to be locked to VF

Options
  • 23-08-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Ported to eir from VF. Upgraded software on VF s8+ using samsung's Smart Switch. Wifi calling option appeared. So far so good.

But, making calls with it enabled and caller id is missing, so I'm coming up 'private number' Disable wifi calling, and caller id sent as normal.

Eir don't know. Asked in shop about them upgrading firmware to eir firmware, also clueless.

Can't 'downgrade' to 'meteor' firmware from the likes of SAMMOBILE, because version is older than what's on the phone. Have scoured the internet, and seems like downgrading impossible without a root, which I don't want to do.

Can't find any settings in WIFI calling 'app' / setting on the phone that prevents caller ID.

Any ideas how to fix?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I don't believe it is possible to display your number when calling over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

I don't believe it is possible to display your number when calling over wifi.

I've seen a lesser Samsung model, which originated from Eir, and wifi calling off or on, caller id was displayed....

Samsung J6 I think it was

Advertisement