Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feature wall wallpapering 500 euro

• 22-08-2019 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

I've been looking around for quotes in Cork to get 2 feature walls. One above the fire place and the other in the kitchen, wallpapered.

I've been getting quotes of 400-500 for the 2 walls. Is thi normal or too expensive? I've already taken down the wallpaper myself and the walls are in pretty much good condition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭the14thwarrior

wouldn't pay it.
    going rate in dublin is 80 for the day or 20 euro per roll of paper.
    thats what i've been quoted, what i paid and i've had three wall paper men (not men made of wallpaper you understand)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do legit tradesmen work for €80 a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭the14thwarrior

by legit you mean..................

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sharono9

wouldn't pay it.
    thats what i've been quoted, what i paid and i've had three wall paper men (not men made of wallpaper you understand)

lol wall paper men. Good to know. My jaw almost hit the floor when they gave me the quote. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭glaswegian

80 quid a shift in Dublin? you better keep his phone number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Would you consider doing it yourself?
    It's not difficult, and especially if it's only 2 feature walls, and not entire rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Going rate in Galway is 12 - 15 euro a drop, generally min 180 to do any job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Would you not give it a go yourself? How hard can it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

by legit you mean..................

Like not on the dole and are paying taxes, insured etc.

Not casting aspersions on your guy as such, just wondering if you can get a legitimate decorator for this kind of money these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Like not on the dole and are paying taxes, insured etc.

Not casting aspersions on your guy as such, just wondering if you can get a legitimate decorator for this kind of money these days?

You can't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

wouldn't pay it.

80 per day? Jesus, if they’re decent, hire them full time.... and subbie them out. You could pack up your day job on the proceeds you receive.

Advertisement