Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking Lahinch / Doolin

Options
  • 21-08-2019 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Any recommendations to park overnight in this area.

Anyone know if its possible to get parking on the promenade in Lahinch on weekend nights?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

There were two or three designated spaces last time we were there you might need to stalk them to get them though. The council lock the barrier on busy weekends council guy told us we were welcome to stay if we didn't mind being locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭jackboy

Anyone know if its possible to get parking on the promenade in Lahinch on weekend nights?

Cheers.

I’m pretty sure that the car park at the top of the hill before Lahince (milltown side) is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

The spots in lahinch are 50 meters from the nifgt club I'd give it a miss. I parked on the peir at liscrannor but I arrived late and ledt early. Its a fi er for 30 hours parking at Doolin peir no hassle getting a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

There were two or three designated spaces last time we were there you might need to stalk them to get them though. The council lock the barrier on busy weekends council guy told us we were welcome to stay if we didn't mind being locked in.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and there are six designated camper spaces at town side of prom, three spaces at each side and almost impossible to get one. You could overnight park further down where the cars park but be sure to be gone before 9 am! I heard warden takes no prisoners. The parking area towards Milltown Malbay referred to has a height barrier. There is a free two-hour parking area on the Liscannor road beside the golf club.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Cheers.

https://www.benssurfclinic.com/current-surfing-conditions-in-lahinch-webcam/

So we used this site to check for spaces.. managed to get a spot last night no problem... there were a lot of vans around this morning looking for parking and the warden was hopping around doling out tickets to anyone parked in the bus spots next to the campers...

• Advertisement
Advertisement