Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €36

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I use this crowd, and they're pretty good on the whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I use them too. I emailed them to check that the offer is official but that was a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'll give it a go. Been considering getting a proper VPN for a while, bit keep getting put off by taking on another subscription cost I can never stop

I get fairly good speeds here (can be 150 down at times) but I do find that iPlayer can buffer quite a bit when viewed using VPN.

Is the VPN responsible for creating the buffering would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I use it too on stacksocial deal and works perfectly, no buffering issues or Netflix problems.

• Advertisement

I get fairly good speeds here (can be 150 down at times) but I do find that iPlayer can buffer quite a bit when viewed using VPN.

You can check your speed with the VPN on. Also most countries have several servers & you can switch between them.

I was going to take the deal but I pay for mine via unused phone credit so no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Discodog wrote: »
    You can check your speed with the VPN on. Also most countries have several servers & you can switch between them.

I was going to take the deal but I pay for mine via unused phone credit so no point.

What VPN do you pay for with your unused credit?

Peck3277 wrote: »
    What VPN do you pay for with your unused credit?

Unlimited VPN by KeepSolid via the Play store app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

no point using VPN for iPlayers. Use a smart dns service instead. Much faster and no slow downs.

flexcon wrote: »
    no point using VPN for iPlayers. Use a smart dns service instead. Much faster and no slow downs.

Is it €36 for life ?

• Advertisement

flexcon wrote: »

I'm with Virgin, and as far as I know, smart DNS can't be used with their hub, though I'm open to correction, and would definitely consider it if I could use it.

I actually got a lifetime getflix account a year or two ago, bite stack social stroked me..... Turned out it was for laptops or something only, despite the initial offer saying it was any device.

Paypal sided with stack social btw. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Use VPN Unlimited all the time with both BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub.

No need to faff about with DNS settings on the router.

I wouldn't want to have smart dns for all my regular traffic so vpn on firestick allows it to be used for the purpose it was purchased for. Plus you need to easily swap UK and US easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Does this work on Netflix and all the players?

Works perfectly for all UK players and Netflix tho strangely c4 only works with vpn turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I'm with Virgin, and as far as I know, smart DNS can't be used with their hub, though I'm open to correction, and would definitely consider it if I could use it.

I actually got a lifetime getflix account a year or two ago, bite stack social stroked me..... Turned out it was for laptops or something only, despite the initial offer saying it was any device.

Paypal sided with stack social btw. :mad:

You can use smartdns with virgin but you need to get the wireless router into bridge mode. I don't have the info to hand but you should be able to find it on boards somewhere.

That does also mean you need a firewall/router behind the bridged virgin device. I use getflix and it's worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

TheDriver wrote: »
    Works perfectly for all UK players and Netflix tho strangely c4 only works with vpn turned off

I just downloaded their Lite app. And run it and logged into Netflix. I can see the US catelogue but won't play as it says I'm using a VPN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Cyclical Apocalypse

An excellent VPN to consider especially for streaming is TorGuard their streaming package which includes dedicated IP addresses for the UK and USA usually costs $120 per year, but at the Checkout, if you enter the code "Netflix", it reduces to $60. I've never heard of them until a week ago, but they seem to be well regarded.

https://torguard.net/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have 2 lifetime VPNs running at the mo.
    My router allows 5 active VPN clients so rather than let them go to waste I split them amongst my IoT devices and media devices.

Windscribe:OK service, plenty of options available for P2P and lots of locations.
    iPlayer and UK Players don't work regularly.
    BBC in particular are quick to shut down VPN server addresses.

And

Getflix: Originally bought it for smartDNS, they added a VPN service that works well for iPlayer and UK players too.
    VPN options are split out on a "smart" VPN and plain VPN service.
    Smart includes the smartDNS settings to allow most overseas players to work.
    "Smart" VPN works well with everything apart from Real Debrid for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

€36 VPN for life is indeed very tempting... Call me cynical, but at that price I'm guessing they're hoovering up your data and flogging it to the highest bidder. Has anyone read the T&Cs? VPN providers seem like they're in a bit of a Wild West phase at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

I dont get VPN

I have windscribe (thankfully only 10er for year thanks to here)

Crap speeds
    Mobile app does/doesn't connect
    Still see adverts on Facebook for Google searches
    As said most sites know you're using it and tell you to turn it off

Only a few months ago they brought in adblock.
    After that I dont see much good in them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How does this compare to say Nord?

Used it for a year or two in past really liked it but don't have the funds to shell out hundred or so atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

first time using Stacksocial i got another 10% off so i got it for €32 euro

thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Discodog wrote: »
    Is it €36 for life ?
    No, it is 'software life' Usually 3 - 5 years depending on the offer.

How does this compare to say Nord?

Used it for a year or two in past really liked it but don't have the funds to shell out hundred or so atm!
    Nord, Express and Surfshark are considered among the best, hard for anyone to be compared with them, they are also outside the 5 eyes, 9 eyes and 14 eyes areas.

Keepsolid are decent, but they do keep logs.

jeffk wrote: »
    I dont get VPN

I have windscribe (thankfully only 10er for year thanks to here)

Crap speeds
    Mobile app does/doesn't connect
    Still see adverts on Facebook for Google searches
    As said most sites know you're using it and tell you to turn it off

Only a few months ago they brought in adblock.
    After that I dont see much good in them

Windscribe is useless & blocked by the BBC. There is no comparison with Keep Solid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

BKWDR wrote: »
    Does this work on Netflix and all the players?

yeah, I got this offer about 18 months ago... found it perfect so far.

For an extra ~25e per year you can get it on 5x extra devices. Works well on Firestick/iPad/phone etc.

Advertisement