Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to walk down the aisle too ???

Options
  • 21-08-2019 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So I really wanted to walk down the aisle to at last by Etta James. We have a gospel choir booked and I thought it could be fab. But my mother laughed at it and thought that given I am in my late 40s it was hilarious. I am really hurt but it’s ruined it for me. So looking for alternatives. Any suggestions????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Not sure how’d work with a gospel choir but my wife walked in to an instrumental of the Beatles here comes the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

I think etta james is a very good idea, dont listen to your mother laughing, believe in yourself, its YOUR wedding.
    Go with etta james

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

dvdman1 wrote: »
    I think etta james is a very good idea, dont listen to your mother laughing, believe in yourself, its YOUR wedding.
    Go with etta james

Actually I should have said the same. Although I don’t know the song you should do what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Go with etta james

I had the exact same thought.
    Go with it OP, I bet it would be lovely with a gospel choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Don’t mind your mother. But would you not be a bit better with something more up tempo? Here Comes the Sun is more like it.
    You’ll be at the alter rails and the choir won’t have got to the end of the first line
    “At last......................my love has come along”.
    Unless it’s a very long aisle and your walking very slowly.
    That’s why the wedding march is still so popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Do not make decisions based on other people's opinions. Go with what you want. I would have laughed right back if someone thought my song choice was silly, because there was no way in hell I would have even contemplated changing it. Go with what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

But it is funny to use a song called 'At Last'. Doesn't mean it's the wrong choice. Have a bit of a sense of humour and go with your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My sister had that song as her first dance - both of them heading for 50 lol
    Have what you want OP. Not sure though how it would sound with a Gospel Choir - she had a gospel choir too but I think the entrance was played on a CD (can't remember what it was but it was slow). I know we (bridesmaids) had an instrumental on a cd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I walked down the aisle to The Story by Brandi Carlisle. Absolutely loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

• Advertisement
Advertisement