Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DA & Job Interview

Options
  • 20-08-2019 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I am a college graduate with a level 8 degree. I have epilepsy and on DA. I have applied for a few jobs and this morning I got a phone call from a well known bookmaker. I was asked a few questions such as what am I doing now, whether or not I’d be available for interview on Thursday which I said I was. The woman who was from HR said they’d get back to me at the end of the day. As of now they haven’t fingers crossed I get a call in the morning.

Anyway, my epilepsy is under control to a extent should I mention I have it in interview or not?

As I was told I’d get called my end of today, do you think I’ve been overlooked as I haven’t received call yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

[

op
    i really hope you hear back but id advise not getting your hopes up.
    a family member has gone through this so many times, being told they'll be called back etc' and its heartbreaking when it doesnt happen tje firstfew times. after that you get used to it.

hope things turn out well for you.

im not sure if you need to explain about your epilepsy at an interview tbh.

quote="OkeyDoke12;111032157"]I am a college graduate with a level 8 degree. I have epilepsy and on DA. I have applied for a few jobs and this morning I got a phone call from a well known bookmaker. I was asked a few questions such as what am I doing now, whether or not I’d be available for interview on Thursday which I said I was. The woman who was from HR said they’d get back to me at the end of the day. As of now they haven’t fingers crossed I get a call in the morning.

Anyway, my epilepsy is under control to a extent should I mention I have it in interview or not?

As I was told I’d get called my end of today, do you think I’ve been overlooked as I haven’t received call yet?[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

[

op
    i really hope you hear back but id advise not getting your hopes up.
    a family member has gone through this so many times, being told they'll be called back etc' and its heartbreaking when it doesnt happen tje firstfew times. after that you get used to it.

hope things turn out well for you.

im not sure if you need to explain about your epilepsy at an interview tbh.

quote="OkeyDoke12;111032157"]I am a college graduate with a level 8 degree. I have epilepsy and on DA. I have applied for a few jobs and this morning I got a phone call from a well known bookmaker. I was asked a few questions such as what am I doing now, whether or not I’d be available for interview on Thursday which I said I was. The woman who was from HR said they’d get back to me at the end of the day. As of now they haven’t fingers crossed I get a call in the morning.

As I was told I’d get called my end of today, do you think I’ve been overlooked as I haven’t received call yet?
    [/quote]

Yeah its quite frustrating when you are told they will call back and don't. I actually missed the initial call and got a text asking was I still interested in the position. Ah well.

Advertisement