Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality basics

Options
  • 20-08-2019 10:44am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Where do you buy your basics from? I’m looking to pick up a few casual t-shirts and vest tops and the like, but historically I’ve always bought them from really cheap places like Penney’s. I’m happy to pay a bit more to get good quality, and I’m particularly thinking of plain white t-shirts that are not see through or clingy in the wrong places which you don’t get with cheap items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm big fan of Uniqlo U T-shirts. They are thick and keep shape very well. Don't go for relaxed fit (the other t shirt in Uniqlo U line), they are a bit see through.

https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/product/women-uniqlo-u-crew-neck-short-sleeved-t-shirt-414443.html

Arket are good for basics and their t-shirts get great reviews but the only I have is ice crepe one. It's lovely but a bit see through so not what you are looking for. There is good choice of different types.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've been very impressed with the Asos round neck tees, they even come in multipacks! Wasn't expecting much for the price but they've worn and washed well.

I've a few from & Other Stories which are great quality, but I've found the neck a teeeeeny bit too high for me, makes me look a little busty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Another vote for uniqlo from me!

I also buy a lot of basics from esprit, but some things can be a bit seethrough at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I always liked American Apparel’s men section for good quality v-neck t shirts. I generally find women’s t shirts are too skimpy, which unfortunately rules out a lot of shops for me. M&S do good vest tops in a range of colours as well.

Advertisement