Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restraining dog in a car

Options
  • 20-08-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I was just wondering how other people restrain their dog in a car.
    At the moment I have a toddler in a car seat in the back and then my dog in in a crate beside her. (Crate is strapped in using the seatbelt)
    Just wondering is this safe?
    How do other people travel with a dog and a toddler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

abc1444 wrote: »
    Hi,

At the moment I have a toddler in a car seat in the back and then my dog in in a crate beside her. (Crate is strapped in using the seatbelt)

We’ve a click safe seatbelt for ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

abc1444 wrote: »
    Hi,

Dogs in estate boot belted in, kids in back seat. I doubt that crate is safe. If putting in a seatbelt on backseat just make sure the belt is short enough that in the event of an accident that the dog wouldn't hit the toddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Crates in the back of an Estate. Safest option for us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I got a double ended harness clip and clip the dog to the closed seatbelt in the back, or if she’s in the boot I clip her to a loop in the boot.

Advertisement