Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhatsApp Group Privacy

Options
  • 20-08-2019 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Last April WhatsApp announced group privacy within WhatsApp whereby you could decide whether or not you want to join the group. I have yet to see this option within my app.
    Does anyone have this option available to them?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find any reference to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If you are added to a group and don't want to be, you can exit it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

GBX wrote: »
    If you are added to a group and don't want to be, you can exit it anyway?

Cheers but not what I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

No because I have been added to a group since this announcement.

Glad to hear of this though as I find it really annoying when ppl add you to a group without asking first. And then you look like your the rude one for exiting the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

bromley52 wrote: »
    Last April WhatsApp announced group privacy within WhatsApp whereby you could decide whether or not you want to join the group. I have yet to see this option within my app.
    Does anyone have this option available to them?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find any reference to it.

Have you been added to a group since the release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

Have you been added to a group since the release?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Best thing is to get in touch with Whatsapp if your privacy features are not as they should - https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/?subject=messenger

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

We’re introducing a new privacy setting and invite system to help you decide who can add you to groups.

To enable it, go to Settings in your app, then tap Account > Privacy > Groups and select one of three options: "Nobody", "My Contacts", or "Everyone". "Nobody" means you'll have to approve joining every group to which you're invited, and "My Contacts" means only users you have in your address book can add you to groups.

https://blog.whatsapp.com/10000661/New-Privacy-Settings-for-Groups

My app is up to date and I checked my settings options and I don’t have the option for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My app is up to date and I checked my settings options and I don’t have the option for groups.

Just checked mine too and the option for groups in privacy settings is not there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

"We’re introducing" and not "we have introduced" would indicate to me that the change isn't live yet, but close to being released.

Advertisement