Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for 2010 Passat

Options
  • 19-08-2019 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm in a situation where my alloys seem to be leaking air on three out of four wheels. It seems to be unrelated to the tyres (which are budget but different brands) but the pressure is going down constantly: I'm pumping twice per week on one.

Could anyone advise on where I could source new alloys?

I'm wondering if I should buy in a shop, online, Donedeal or from scrap?

If and when I pick up a new set, is there anywhere in the Dublin/Kildare region you recommend I get them aligned and tyres fitted?

I'm hoping not to fork out a small fortune.

Any other advice or suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Budget tyres. That's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Loads on donedeal anything with 5x112 pcd should fit. Prob is you could be buying worse than what you have.

Also the likes of red power etc sell rep wheels but I couldn't comment on durability or strength

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe a silly question but have the tyre valves been checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PianoMaster

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but have the tyre valves been checked?

Not to my knowledge but the tyre guys told me that the alloys themselves were showing signs of corrosion on the rims, last time I got tyres fitted..

Loads on donedeal anything with 5x112 pcd should fit. Prob is you could be buying worse than what you have.

Also the likes of red power etc sell rep wheels but I couldn't comment on durability or strength

Okay thanks for the info. Appreciate that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Provided its not the values, it could be that the rims need to be resealed due to the corrosion and the tyre not forming a proper seal.

Provided its not the values, it could be that the rims need to be resealed due to the corrosion and the tyre not forming a proper seal.

Okay, I wasn't aware that was an option.

I'll look into that. It seems certain that that's the problem here.

Advertisement