Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Mullaghmore?

Options
  • 19-08-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the broadband options are in Mullaghmore? Checked a number of the broadband companies service location maps but looking to find out from someone who lives in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

Can anyone tell me what the broadband options are in Mullaghmore? Checked a number of the broadband companies service location maps but looking to find out from someone who lives in the area.

Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

mobil 222 wrote: »
    Eir

Sorry to come back to this so long after your reply. Broadband and tv available?decent speeds available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Sorry to come back to this so long after your reply. Broadband and tv available?decent speeds available?
    Go to airwire.ie and put your eir code in the checker.will show you what options are available.

Anyone out there using Westconnect residential broadband?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Go to airwire.ie and put your eir code in the checker.will show you what options are available.

This is the only option being offered.
    VDSL Products - Fibre to the Cabinet

We are only moving in next week. West Connect were to install today but service from the local is being blocked by a tree. They are to try receive a single from another of their masts next week. But I have to have a backup option. Any other suggestions? There was/is a Sky dish on the house. What is their internet like in Mullaghmore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

If you can get Eir you can get probably get Sky or Vodafone on VDSL
    Personally don't find Voda much cop on VDSL, Eir was faster and bulletproof. OTOH my sister in Westmeath thinks Eir are shocking......

Eir are terrible to deal with. Spoke with their cancellation team today to confirm cancellation of my services in my current property. They checked my new eircode but cannot say for definite if I would receive anything.

Westconnect are going to try bounce their service off another of their masts. They weren't able to get an unobstructed view of the mast that they have in mullaghmore.

There is a sky dish on the house, is it possible that the previous owners were getting sky tv but not getting broadband?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    What kind of speeds is this service giving around north sligo? I know nothing about vdsl. Need service for two working from home and tv for kids. How does it compare with WestConnect?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

The vdsl broadband doesn't go up to the top of the hill in mullaghmore. As the phone lines come up from the gate lodge where as the vdsl only starts at the cabinet further along towards the village. It's the green boxes at the side of the road before the entrance to the beach

It depends on where you are in mullaghmore and how far from the cabinet you are. Pierhead can get about 30mbps speed on vdsl.

I used to have West connect and found their service top notch.

Some of the mobile operators are offering unlimited data which might suit either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement