Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tv box no sound through Av output when TV switched off

Options
  • 19-08-2019 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I have a MXQ Android box which I use for streaming Radio and Spotify to an amplifier. Once I switch Tv off which the box is connected to via HDMI, the sound also stops to the amp (Av output). I can restart sound if i click the play button on the remote for tunein but other apps its a lot harder to restart playback without the Tv being on. Spotify is no real problem as i use my phone as a remote.

Its a minor problem but sometimes it gets annoying, especially when listening to radio streams.

Ive looked at settings but not 100% sure what to change or check.

So basically I want to continue playback via amplifier with out Tv being on too.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sounds like its the HDMI-CEC settings - you can turn this off in the Display / HDMI settings of the box. Turn all 3 / 4 options off.

mi-box-s-tips-and-tricks-8_4d470f76dc99e18ad75087b1b8410ea9.jpg?1551975766

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

advertsfox wrote: »
    Sounds like its the HDMI-CEC settings - you can turn this off in the Display / HDMI settings of the box. Turn all 3 / 4 options off.

mi-box-s-tips-and-tricks-8_4d470f76dc99e18ad75087b1b8410ea9.jpg?1551975766
    Doesn't solve it.....

Can you try disable the same settings on your TV? Likely under Setup or Picture.

Can you try disable the same settings on your TV? Likely under Setup or Picture.

Unfortunately not.

snaps wrote: »
    Unfortunately not.
    So your TV is connected to the Amp too, what connection is it? Have you tried using an optical cable from box to amp?

• Advertisement

So your TV is connected to the Amp too, what connection is it? Have you tried using an optical cable from box to amp?

It's connected via the 3.5mm output on box to RCA input on amp.

TV not connected to amp.

Ok does your amp have an optical input? Nearly sure the MXQ has optical out and one of those cables too which are only €9 in Argos, I'd recommend this since it bypasses the TV entirely and therefore turning it off should have zero affect on the AMP / box.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9394346.htm

Advertisement