Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster escaped....

Options
  • 18-08-2019 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hamster got out of cage over weekend while we were away...what are the chances of finding him??. Is used to bring handled , but only have him a few weeks.
    If I leave cage on floor would he go back in?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

rje66 wrote: »
    Hamster got out of cage over weekend while we were away...what are the chances of finding him??. Is used to bring handled , but only have him a few weeks.
    If I leave cage on floor would he go back in?
    Thanks

Check his food box

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jonnogael

Good job Freddie Starr is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's it's in the house look under furniture. Tell tale signs of it defacating should show you where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Put his food bowl outside his cage & flour around it to see if it is disturbed. Put a bit of strong smelling food such as a dog biscuit in it to try attract him.

Then leave his cage open & also set up a couple of books to make a staircase leading to a large bucket. Put some of his food in the bucket.

We had a hamster escape a few years ago. He turned up in the middle of the sandwiches at our Holy Communion Party. Stuffing his face. He was so top heavy with stuffed pouches he could hardly walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

That is so traumatic for the hamster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭rje66

All good... hamster safe and well
    I put out a few food lures around house and he was out pretty quickly
    Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Always remember a story (not sure if it's urban legend) about a guy who put his sister's hamster in a remote controlled plane, for a laugh. Things went wrong, low batteries or something and the plane flew off into the distance never to be seen again.
    I'd often think of people's reaction when it crashed and if the hamster was seen scurrying away.
    I wouldn't have mentioned this when the hamster was missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Could this be where he's got to....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Knine wrote: »
    Put his food bowl outside his cage & flour around it to see if it is disturbed. Put a bit of strong smelling food such as a dog biscuit in it to try attract him.

Then leave his cage open & also set up a couple of books to make a staircase leading to a large bucket. Put some of his food in the bucket.

We had a hamster escape a few years ago. He turned up in the middle of the sandwiches at our Holy Communion Party. Stuffing his face. He was so top heavy with stuffed pouches he could hardly walk!

That is hilarious!

Advertisement