Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S7 Edge charging port not 100% working: any advice?

Options
  • 18-08-2019 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon!

I have a Samsung S7 edge.the charging port is not always working and it seems the charging pin is slightly bent.
    So sometimes it charges and other times it does not charge at all. If a twist and move the cord sometimes it will start to charge.

is it possible to get this charging port fixed can you advise me what's the best solution...

I appreciate your advice!

Thank you!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What sugarman has suggested is the cheapest way to solve your problem. I'd go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

A wireless charger is handy when it's supported by your phone,
    but it's very possible that your port is just dirty.

I have an S8 that had the port so jammed up that I thought it was ruined.
    It had been charged wirelessly for ages so the buildup went undetected.

Looking into the port I couldn't see anything obvious but clearing it out with a plastic shim removed a huge chunk of debris.
    Phone has charged perfectly since. Cost nothing!

This video will give you the idea:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thank you for the replies..
    I thought you could get replacement parts online & ask one the mobile phone shops to install in?

The wireless charger is an option..

I will also have a look at cleaning the port...

It looks like the charging pin(s) are bent downwards..

I turned off phone & use a wee screwdriver to push them back up.. but when i tried to charge again the pins push down

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

First get the wireless charging pad.

Then if you're willing to take a risk, take a tweezers to the bent pins and carefully try and straighten them.
    You never know!

And of you break them then you can charge wirelessly.

Advertisement