Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church wedding documents

Options
  • 18-08-2019 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am getting married next spring and trying to get a handle on the documentation side of things. We are getting married in a local Catholic church.

I was born and baptised in the UK but I am an Irish Citizen and would have made my confirmation in Ireland.

My understanding is I require the following:
      UK long birth cert with apostille stamp Indication of Confirmation Proof of Freedom to Marry

Am i missing anything?
    In regards to the Proof of Freedom to Marry do i have to go back to my UK church to get this (or will my Irish parish be enough?) and if so has anyone gone about and done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Ask the priest after mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’m sure you’ll need some proof that you’ve done a pre marriage course.
    The best thing to do is probably to ask the priest who’s marrying you though

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Keco

We have our meeting on Tuesday we need the following
    Letters of freedom
    Baptismal cert
    Confirmation cert
    Pre marriage cert
    I think that is it.

Advertisement