Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is parking free while charging in Naas?

Options
  • 17-08-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all...

Anyone know if you have to pay for parking while charging in Naas? I know you have to in Dublin, but can't find anything online saying whether you have to in Naas or not. The chargers are in car parks with both Kildare Co. Co. and Apcoa signs in them.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EV Phil

jasonb wrote: »
    Hi all...

Anyone know if you have to pay for parking while charging in Naas? I know you have to in Dublin, but can't find anything online saying whether you have to in Naas or not. The chargers are in car parks with both Kildare Co. Co. and Apcoa signs in them.

Thanks...

No you have to pay unless it’s the train station or after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Any one know about Co. Wexford?

Traffic warden in Tramore Co Waterford told me, "its free while charging and when your finished move your car and its still free".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Any one know about Co. Wexford?

Traffic warden in Tramore Co Waterford told me, "its free while charging and when your finished move your car and its still free".

Wexford is free when charging with a maximum stay of 3 hours. Parking outside the charging bays needs to be paid for.

Waterford council allows EVs to park for free in any public parking spot. I was told by the council that this applies to full BEV only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That seems like a thing that should be standardised across all counties?
    Rather than guess work?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,966 ✭✭✭✭unkel

eddhorse wrote: »
    Rather than guess work?

+1

Regularly see cars from Cork etc. clamped while they are charging in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

eddhorse wrote: »
    Rather than guess work?

Some councils charge different rates on different streets. Why are you surprised different councils will implement charges that are not aligned with each other? It should be sign posted near the spot. Read the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Nice if there was a sign or a sticker even, I am not fussy what I read, but for charging and parking it could be standardised, only a few thousand cars in the country its not going to be a big loss for them,

Dublin has 3 local governments, one was free while charging, for me trying to figure out which one I am in is not worth it, I just pay.

Spent 30 minutes yesterday reading a pdf on Wexford parking bylaws and was still none the wiser.

I did learn its 3 hours parking at a charger for a BEV and 1 hour for a phev, nothing about payment, so I asked, and thanks for the answer Silent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It should be sign posted near the spot. Read the sign.

The signs in Waterford say nothing about EVs. Neither does the parking section of the council website. I knew it was free to park at charge points while charging, but it being free in non charging spaces too is news to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Any signs I've seen in Naas at car parks don't mention whether you have to pay or not. I also read through Naas' Parking By-laws and couldn't find anything about Parking while Charging, other than the locations of the chargers. While maybe that should be read as you have to pay, as they don't explicitly say you don't have to pay, it wouldn't hurt to be clear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

I regularly charge in Naas. I’ve never paid. I reckon the only place you’ll have trouble with regards to parking and charging is the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

JohnC. wrote: »
    The signs in Waterford say nothing about EVs. Neither does the parking section of the council website. I knew it was free to park at charge points while charging, but it being free in non charging spaces too is news to me.

As far as I know its been free since the start of 2017. Waterford city council make a decision each year to keep it going for the next year. I would assume once charging for charging starts it will be done away or if enough people change to electric cars it will be stopped.

Tomrota wrote: »
    I regularly charge in Naas. I’ve never paid. I reckon the only place you’ll have trouble with regards to parking and charging is the city centre.

Me too, but I got a €40 charge today for not paying for a ticket while charging in the Farmer's Market Car Park, hence my OP. I thought it was free while parking, and so far I have been unable to find anything online to confirm or deny this. Will just contact the Co. Co. on Monday for a definitive answer I reckon...

Just to update this, I rang Kildare Co. Co. and you do have to pay for parking while charging your EV. Just in case anyone else assumed you don't!

Just to update this, I rang Kildare Co. Co. and you do have to pay for parking while charging your EV. Just in case anyone else assumed you don't!

That’s ridiculous. I’ve left my car at the chargers in naas for hours, sometimes two, and I’ve never gotten a ticket. Seems pretty random if you ask me.

I always thought it was free, I knew Dublin wasn't but thought Kildare was. Have parked without paying for 9 months now, but I checked with the Council and they say you have to pay. Can only assume I was just lucky and not being caught all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They need better signage so.

I always thought it was free, I knew Dublin wasn't but thought Kildare was. Have parked without paying for 9 months now, but I checked with the Council and they say you have to pay. Can only assume I was just lucky and not being caught all this time.

I knew it was paid in the city, but in south dublin county and dún Laoghaire Rathdown county I thought it was free? I’ve never been given a ticket and I charge there regularly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

Is it free in Wexford while charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

Can't find any easygo chargers in Wexford city.

Advertisement