Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I pidgeon holing myelf from getting back to Ireland?

Options
  • 17-08-2019 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

I work in telecoms engineering and haven't been in Ireland for a couple of years now. It is to do with fixed comms, but I also have some radio experience.

There seems to be very little jobs like this in Ireland (and even the ones that are there, are usually tied up by people who are already in situ, this is what I've seen from when I was last home).

Everything seems to be programming or devops, or something you need a PhD for as it's R&D.

I know there are a few companies doing telecoms now who are actively recruiting, but nothing seems to fit, I am either over or under qualified, or have experience but not on the right technology type etc...

I could walk into a NOC job, but after doing my stints in there before, I know it's not for me. Anyone else feel there are not many mid level telecoms jobs that aren't coding , NOC or devops?

Advertisement