Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is holiday form in MyWelfare.ie???

Options
  • 16-08-2019 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to fill in a form to take a holiday, but mywelfare.ie is not making this easy, where is it on the website all I can see is Appointments, Parents, Children & Family, Pensions & Older People, Statements & Refunds, Out of Work Payments and Find a Job. Where else do I go here, where is the Request a Holiday Application?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is driving me fcuking nuts where the hell is online application to request a holiday, why isn't there a simple link. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

I'm trying to fill in a form to take a holiday, but mywelfare.ie is not making this easy, where is it on the website all I can see is Appointments, Parents, Children & Family, Pensions & Older People, Statements & Refunds, Out of Work Payments and Find a Job. Where else do I go here, where is the Request a Holiday Application?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/claiming_a_social_welfare_payment/going_abroad_and_social_welfare_payments.html

Submit a Jobseeker's Holiday Application
    Jobseekers with a verified MyGovID account can notify the Department of their intention to take a holiday. You can apply for a maximum of two weeks holidays, in each calendar year. You must give a minimum of 10 days' notice and you cannot apply more than 21 days in advance.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers_holder.aspx

Plugguy wrote: »
    Submit a Jobseeker's Holiday Application
    Jobseekers with a verified MyGovID account can notify the Department of their intention to take a holiday. You can apply for a maximum of two weeks holidays, in each calendar year. You must give a minimum of 10 days' notice and you cannot apply more than 21 days in advance.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers_holder.aspx

There is no actual link to the form though and all I have after logging in with my Mygov id is these seven categories I listed in the OP and no search bar to locate online holiday application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As far as I know you need to go in to the local office in person and sign it, no online option.

• Advertisement

I done it in 2017 and 2018 so it should still be available.

There is no actual link to the form though and all I have after logging in with my Mygov id is these seven categories I listed in the OP and no search bar to locate online holiday application form.

It has me stumped to, I cannot find it either. Maybe give your local office a phone call and ask them to send you out a form?

Aaah think I've found it when you get to mywelfare.ie after logging in go to your name at top of screen and click down pointing arrow, choose 'View Account' you should see at top 'Jobseeker' Click the tab 'Make a change' and 'Jobseekers Holiday' should be in that list, click apply. :) All good.

Aaah think I've found it when you get to mywelfare.ie after logging in got to your name at top of screen and click down pointing arrow, choose 'View Account' you should see at top 'Jobseeker' Click the tab 'Make a change' and 'Jobseekers Holiday' should be in that list, click apply. :) All good.

Nice one bodhrandude, good find.

Can I ask what happens if you're going abroad for a long weekend (Fri to Tues) and you're back in time for your payment day? Do you still have to tell social welfare? A relative is in this position and is worrying because she left it too late to give 10 days notice (she's away this weekend). Can she just go and pick up her payment as usual next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Can I ask what happens if you're going abroad for a long weekend (Fri to Tues) and you're back in time for your payment day? Do you still have to tell social welfare? A relative is in this position and is worrying because she left it too late to give 10 days notice (she's away this weekend). Can she just go and pick up her payment as usual next week?

You have to ask for permission always in advance.
    Otherwise you break the rules.
    It is known that SW inspectors hang around airports and check out travellers leaving or coming back. This way you can get caught.
    No problem picking up your payment if you are not caught at the airport and if you are back in time.
    No use telling SW afterwards- just try to play by the rules next time.

hawthorne wrote: »
    You have to ask for permission always in advance.
    Otherwise you break the rules.
    It is known that SW inspectors hang around airports and check out travellers leaving or coming back. This way you can get caught.
    No problem picking up your payment if you are not caught at the airport and if you are back in time.
    No use telling SW afterwards- just try to play by the rules next time.

Really?

If she calls them now to say she's going away on Friday will that be ok? She genuinely didn't know she had to give 10 days notice and assumed you only had to inform them if it means you're unable to collect the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Really?

If she calls them now to say she's going away on Friday will that be ok? She genuinely didn't know she had to give 10 days notice and assumed you only had to inform them if it means you're unable to collect the payment.

I really wouldn't worry about it for 3 days. Telling them now could cause more hassle than not.

Really?

You could tell them- the SW people are no sadists. They are human as well. I think they understand the problem- something came up all of a sudden...
    Of course you could meet a really bad person who would love to cause trouble. But that person may might be in the airport as well- or not.

She called before the office closed today, and was told not to worry about it as it was only a few days and she didn't have any meetings coming up in the near future. If she was away longer they would have asked her to fill in the holiday form.

I think talk of airport checks is a bit OTT, surely the purpose there is to catch people who are residing elsewhere and coming back regularly to pick up social welfare payments?

Yes- airport checks are in force to catch people who live abroad and sign on here. Either Irish or foreign nationals. But they would look into any irregularity.
    Well- your friend got the ok- case solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clairecoco

Click on menu

Click on view account

Scroll down to jobseekers allowance

Click on manage my claim

Scroll down to notify of a holiday

Click on notify

Fill in information

Click on proceed with request

Advertisement