Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad luck for fiance to see morning pjs?

Options
  • 16-08-2019 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Not sure if I am just stressing now but is it bad luck that my fiance has seen my morning of the wedding outfit/pjs? Can't find any other one I like now. Is it just the dress he can't see? Please help stresses bride!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

NOt bad luck at all. Just breathe it will all be ok. Its only the wedding dress he is not supposed to see so big deep breathe sit for a moment and have a cuppa.

Also congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There’s no such thing as bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Not sure if I am just stressing now but is it bad luck that my fiance has seen my morning of the wedding outfit/pjs? Can't find any other one I like now. Is it just the dress he can't see? Please help stresses bride!

Do you really believe that luck actually exists?

Forget about it, it won't make a blind bit of difference. You'll be grand. Don't be worrying about things that don't really matter and enjoy your day.

Have things gone that bad now that brides are stressed out to that extent over a glimpse at a pair of pyjamas? 😁

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My fiancé has seen my wedding shoes already and will probably see me after I have my hair and makeup trial done, it is only the dress that I'm keeping a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is my heartfelt opinion that bad luck only exists if you believe in it.

If it was me, I wouldn’t care less. The only reason I wouldn’t let him see the dress would be for the surprise element, not because of bad luck superstition.

However, if you do believe in bad luck, that’s OK too. The best way to sort it would be to get a new pair of PJs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Some information in the origin of the tradition of the groom not seeing the bride before the wedding. I’d say you’ll be grand.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_superstitions

A very common wedding superstition to this day is that the groom mustn’t see the bride before the wedding. This emerged from a time when arranged marriages were commonplace, and was practiced to ensure the groom would go through with the marriage regardless of the bride-to-be's identity or appearance. Although arranged marriages are no longer as common, most brides still prefer to keep their bridal-look a secret from the groom until the ceremony.

Totally agree not seeing the dress is a surprise thing and not seeing the bride was a tradition going back to arranged weddings in case groom didnt like the bride and did a runner. So na bí buartha dont worry be happy.

When is the wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah here. Bad luck.. good luck... Same category as leprechauns, unicorns and pixies.

So you're marriage is over

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

khalessi wrote: »
    Totally agree not seeing the dress is a surprise thing and not seeing the bride was a tradition going back to arranged weddings in case groom didnt like the bride and did a runner. So na bí buartha dont worry be happy.

When is the wedding?

Next month.

Thanks everyone, you have really helped me calm down. Think the closer it gets I am just stressing about the little things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hopefully your marriage isn't relying on luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

khalessi wrote: »

When is the wedding?

Next month.

Thanks everyone, you have really helped me calm down. Think the closer it gets I am just stressing about the little things

You're allowed to be stressed, but to be honest just try to put things into perspective. I know this obviously seemed like a big enough deal for you to start a thread about, but I can guarantee you'll read it in a few months and laugh at how ridiculous it seems! Enjoy the last of your build up!

Next month.

Thats why we are here to give a digital hug as it can get overwhelming at times, so pm or put up a thread. Just remember on the day grab your groom for a few private minutes to enjoy it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We got ready together the day of our wedding. We're married years now. You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We got ready together the day of our wedding. We're married years now. You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

lazygal wrote: »

Same here. I showed my husband the dress the day I bought it and we are going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There’s no such thing as good/bad luck.

Advertisement