Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest van rental....

Options
  • 16-08-2019 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Looking to rent a van for next weekend to move house. Don't have a lot of big furniture so a lwb transit should be fine.
    Looking for cheaper the better but more importantly one that doesn't need me to switch my insurance onto the van, as I did that before and the hassle of it is very annoying.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

enterprise on kylemore charged me E54 for a toyota the other day, was size of transit, unlimited mileage and that was for 24 hours, that was medium van, large van was E90 for the day I think. That included basic insurance, forget trying to get your own insurance to cover it , like you say, a nightmare if not impossible. Mine wouldnt do it, when I tried to go with Dan dooley initially. glad I went with enterprise. Think their online rates are better than over phone or walk in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Idbatterim wrote: »
    enterprise on kylemore charged me E54 for a toyota the other day, was size of transit, unlimited mileage and that was for 24 hours, that was medium van, large van was E90 for the day I think. That included basic insurance, forget trying to get your own insurance to cover it , like you say, a nightmare if not impossible. Mine wouldnt do it, when I tried to go with Dan dooley initially. glad I went with enterprise. Think their online rates are better than over phone or walk in

Cheers mate, that toyota would do me by the sounds of it. Yeah I got my insurance switched last time but it marginally less difficult than splitting the stomach. My brother is trying to sort a deal with enterprise actually, thru a contact of his, so might get even better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Try Europcar

I rented a Nissan NV300 / Renault Trafic for 48 euro

Something like a VW Crafter is 63 euro.

Can be cheaper at times

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

terrydel wrote: »
    Cheers mate, that toyota would do me by the sounds of it. Yeah I got my insurance switched last time but it marginally less difficult than splitting the stomach. My brother is trying to sort a deal with enterprise actually, thru a contact of his, so might get even better value.

oh I forgot, gocar (govan) might also be an option, think its E12 hour for their ford connect I believe it is. Includes, fuel and insurance. They have a place in tallaght and sandyford, amongst others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    oh I forgot, gocar (govan) might also be an option, think its E12 hour for their ford connect I believe it is. Includes, fuel and insurance. They have a place in tallaght and sandyford, amongst others...

Its actually 10 for the Connect and 12 for the Transit Custom SWB. It's okay value if you just need van for an hour or 2 but renting for 4hrs is the same as renting for a day with Europcar. Obviously fuel is extra with Europcar.
    I've used both.

Also as an aside the 2.0 tdci Transit is a quality van compared to the cheap feeling 1.5 dci NV300. But the NV300 is slightly bigger

• Advertisement
Advertisement