Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology and Physical education (DCU)

Options
  • 16-08-2019 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have a keen interest in Biology and have always enjoyed sport so hence why I chose this course. I have looked at modules and there seems to be a good bit of biology while there is also a lot of emphasis put into teaching skills etc. Although I have found it hard to find feedback from students about this course. So I guess do any of yous have done it or know anyone that has done it??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm sure you're aware from the module list that you have to do physics and chemistry in second year. They're not complicated topics — enough to teach Junior Cycle science, supposedly — but a lot of PEBs struggle with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Peregrine wrote: »
    I'm sure you're aware from the module list that you have to do physics and chemistry in second year. They're not complicated topics — enough to teach Junior Cycle science, supposedly — but a lot of PEBs struggle with it.

That could pose a bit of an issue for myself as I did not study Chemistry or physics for the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

These modules in Chemistry and Physics do not assume any prior knowledge, they will cover the leaving cert syllabus and more so having studied those subjects before is an advantage but not a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Moody_mona wrote: »
    These modules in Chemistry and Physics do not assume any prior knowledge, they will cover the leaving cert syllabus and more so having studied those subjects before is an advantage but not a necessity.

I see what u mean. Is there any possible chance that the PE modules will differ slightly seeing as it now has become a leaving cert subject?

Advertisement