Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student - Resit Honours Irish LC Paper to retrain as Primary Teacher

Options
  • 16-08-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I sat the leaving cert in 1998 and am looking to retrain as a Primary School Teacher. It’s something I've always wanted to do but was never made aware of the Honours level requirement when I was in Secondary School. My current occupation is slowing sucking the life out of me and I really want to pursue my original desire to become a teacher. I would have very basic Irish, so I suppose my question is.....should I study an Irish language course to bring my level of Irish up and then study for the LC or just go straight into it.

Has anyone had experience of this and could make some recommendations?
    As I work full time, city centre courses or Dublin Southside courses would be preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Sandra

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know there is a long-running successful repeat HL Irish course run out of Plunket ETB school in Whitehall.
    There may be one in Rathmines, you would have to check their site.

Since such a high percentage goes for the oral, I think a structured class would be useful.

Advertisement