Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Vision

Options
  • 15-08-2019 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Reasonably new to Eir Vision but I'm concerned about some issues with the STB. Is it a common problem with the STB for the EPG not being able to populate some listings when moving on to the next day and further on. Also out of the blue it tells me tonight that I need to be connected to a fibre connection to view content even though i was happily watching something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Reasonably new to Eir Vision but I'm concerned about some issues with the STB. Is it a common problem with the STB for the EPG not being able to populate some listings when moving on to the next day and further on. Also out of the blue it tells me tonight that I need to be connected to a fibre connection to view content even though i was happily watching something.

Hi I’ve had evision for a couple of years - never had those issues

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Same. I have had the occasional fit of "You must have a valid Eir account" (which I of course do), but only very intermittently.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

I see the Eir Vision webpage has a message "Something exciting is coming soon..."

You can't actually buy it online currently.

Kurn wrote: »
    I see the Eir Vision webpage has a message "Something exciting is coming soon..."

You can't actually buy it online currently.

I saw that as well - wonder what’s coming?

kooga wrote: »

I asked on Twitter. Told to ask on the online Chat. Seem clueless

EDIT: They have confirmed ", I would like to inform you that eir vision is not available now" "As eir is going to launch a new product in the coming weeks."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I renewed my Eir bundle recently and note latest bill refers to “includes access to Eir TV Standard Channel Pack” (assuming this is free?).

I’ve googled it but can find little info on Eir TV e.g. do I need a STB these days, how to get it on TV e.g. is there an app?

Can’t even see what channels are included......

As referenced above website seems to be referring to new product “coming soon”.

Out of interest does that mean service is down for current users?

Cheers

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    I renewed my Eir bundle recently and note latest bill refers to “includes access to Eir TV Standard Channel Pack” (assuming this is free?).

I’ve googled it but can find little info on Eir TV e.g. do I need a STB these days, how to get it on TV e.g. is there an app?

Can’t even see what channels are included......

As referenced above website seems to be referring to new product “coming soon”.

Out of interest does that mean service is down for current users?

Cheers

You say you renewed your eir contract - so did you have tv bb and telephone?

If you had eir tv evision you would have had a stb

The standard channel pack was /is called eir vision essential

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

You say you renewed your eir contract - so did you have tv bb and telephone?

If you had eir tv evision you would have had a stb

The standard channel pack was /is called eir vision essential

Hi, yes renewed contract. Eir bills on last contract stated unlimited bb with access to Eir sports - I did not use Eir sports.

New bill refers to bb with access to Eir TV Standard Channel Pack - which I might use but don’t know how to access. Eir never mentioned a STB.

Thanks

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi, yes renewed contract. Eir bills on last contract stated unlimited bb with access to Eir sports - I did not use Eir sports.

New bill refers to bb with access to Eir TV Standard Channel Pack - which I might use but don’t know how to access. Eir never mentioned a STB.

Thanks

You need the box. Call them about it!

This info is specific to legacy evision customers

On your epg the full suite of kids channels should be coming in

also if you contact Eir there is a six month free upgrade to the Experience pack - this will give you the discovery channels, sci fi and a few extra lifestyle channels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hopefully a whole new customer care service workforce

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads. For this exact reason

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement