Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App to send money instantly

Options
  • 14-08-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Is there any method or app that sends money quickly from one person to another.

I know that with aib if a person transfer money to a another's account it goes through straight away.

Is there any app on a mobile phone lke aib me2u app was out a few years ago that sends money via text or username instantly.

Also does PayPal send money instantly or is there anyway someone can sene money to me via credit card or some other way of being set up to receive it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

They could purchase a "pay safe" card in any post office and give you the code to use.

Assume both of you dont have Revolut? I started using that in February and find it fantastic. Got my siblings and my missus to get cards also. Very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kala85 wrote: »
    Is there any method or app that sends money quickly from one person to another.

I know that with aib if a person transfer money to a another's account it goes through straight away.

Is there any app on a mobile phone lke aib me2u app was out a few years ago that sends money via text or username instantly.

Also does PayPal send money instantly or is there anyway someone can sene money to me via credit card or some other way of being set up to receive it

revolut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Revolut. Almost instantly. If person has a card, then they have access straight away.

revolut is the way to go.

once you've both installed the app and have each other's mobile numbers then it's pretty much instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

glasso wrote: »
    revolut is the way to go.

once you've both installed the app and have each other's mobile numbers then it's pretty much instant.

Is it hard to set up.

What other options is there. What about PayPal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Online banking is fairly fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Yes but I think it will only work instantly if both people are in the same bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Read up on revolut so you understand what it is and how it can be used. It's by far the most straightforward way of transferring money easily and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it hard to set up.

What other options is there. What about PayPal

Revolut is a fully featured bank account, that also allows you to hold balances in multiple Currencies including some crypto.
    Set up is very straight forward but it does need photo ID.
    It also allows you to use virtual cards, so you can be up and running nearly instantly with it.
    Easiest way to fund it is via IBAN from your Irish account.
    It also is the best means of FX as it offers live mid market rates at zero commission.

PayPal has fees for transfers that can eat away a transfer.
    Revolut is free, it really is one of the best apps I've used in the Fintech space.

I have Revolut, Curve, N26 aswell as PayPal and a PTSB account.
    Revolut hands down beats them all.

banie01 wrote: »
    Revolut is a fully featured bank account, that also allows you to hold balances in multiple Currencies including some crypto.
    It also is the best means of FX as it offers live mid market rates at zero commission.

PayPal has fees for transfers that can eat away a transfer.
    Revolut is free, it really is one of the best apps I've used in the Fintech space.

I have Revolut, Curve, N26 aswell as PayPal and a PTSB account.
    Revolut hands down beats them all.

Actually Revolut also have a sign up offer at the moment.
    If you use a referral link, you get €10 when you verify your identity and order a card, and the referrer gets a €10 too.

Sign up with my link and get a free Revolut card for awesome exchange rates abroad. www.revolut.com/referral/bryanje!G10D21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Was just going to say that. Or PayPal maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Revolut or monzo

Revolut or monzo

And now I have to go and try Monzo!
    Dammit I already have 2 wallets on the go for all my cards! :pac:

Edit: If anyone has a Monzo referral please PM me.
    Might aswell get someone a bonus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Revolut here too.
    I also have N26 but not certain how long that takes for a P2P transfer?

Advertisement