Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Hidden Life (Terence Malick)

Options
  • 14-08-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ugh, I kinda hate all those from-below, wide angle close-ups. I get what the composition's trying to do, but it's not for me.

Good to see Malik return to more conventional storytelling though, than the dawdling, navel gazing redundancies of Knight of Cups et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ugh, I kinda hate all those from-below, wide angle close-ups. I get what the composition's trying to do, but it's not for me.

Good to see Malik return to more conventional storytelling though, than the dawdling, navel gazing redundancies of Knight of Cups et al.

the buzz seems to be he's back making a VERY GOOD movie . so i really hope that's true

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

A quote from the DOP:

"What Terrence and I wanted to do with A Hidden Life was to replicate the shot composition of when you accidentally open the front facing camera on your smartphone"

Advertisement