Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Samsung Quick charge work via a European Adapter?

Options
  • 14-08-2019 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 from a European website earlier this week. My first time owning a Samsung, never had one before.

As I bought the device from a European website, it has come with a European 2 pin plug. I gave it a small charge yesterday by plugging the 2 pin european plug into a 3 pin foreign adapter and it charges sucessfully but I am unsure if I'm get the Quick charge speed by using the UK adapter into the wall socket and then the 2 pin European Samsung plug into the adapter?

It charged relatively quickly but my old Oneplus 3T which is 4 years old now definitely charges faster. Maybe just better charging technology in the Oneplus?? Unsure.

Any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

subscriber wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 from a European website earlier this week. My first time owning a Samsung, never had one before.

As I bought the device from a European website, it has come with a European 2 pin plug. I gave it a small charge yesterday by plugging the 2 pin european plug into a 3 pin foreign adapter and it charges sucessfully but I am unsure if I'm get the Quick charge speed by using the UK adapter into the wall socket and then the 2 pin European Samsung plug into the adapter?

It charged relatively quickly but my old Oneplus 3T which is 4 years old now definitely charges faster. Maybe just better charging technology in the Oneplus?? Unsure.

Any idea?

Yeah, makes no difference at all. You can even jam the two pin into the normal socket without an adapter if you're feeling sexy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When I was on holidays I ran 4 quick chargers off 1 extension lead which was plugged into a travel adapter, all were fast charging with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Yes it makes little to no difference using the adopter.

The battery capacity in the A70 is bigger than the OnePlus though...4,500mAh Vs 3,400mAh

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Cheers Everyone...No need to hand out more money on a flashy plug so. Thanks

Advertisement