Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I get enough points?

Options
  • 14-08-2019 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys,
    so I got my LC result today and I got 337 points, not what i was hoping but i think its enough.
    my question is, is it enough to get into the Arts degree at Maynooth which requires 320 points?
    Like how busy will the applications be, would they have to put the requirements higher??
    It may seem stupid to ask but I just want put my nerves to rest!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Keithdwat wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    so I got my LC result today and I got 337 points, not what i was hoping but i think its enough.
    my question is, is it enough to get into the Arts degree at Maynooth which requires 320 points?
    Like how busy will the applications be, would they have to put the requirements higher??
    It may seem stupid to ask but I just want put my nerves to rest!
    Chances of Arts jumping 17 points are extremely low.

No absolute guarantees until Thursday, but I would see no reason at all to get your knickers in a twist.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Actually dropped 1 point, so you were very very safe. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tombrown

Is it possible to get a list of points per course for round 1? My son has an offer for DIT, but has higher preference applications for UCC and DCU and it woudl be good to know what points they are looking for to get a feel for whether they may drop to his points level for round 2?

EDIT - of course a quick Google took me to http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8.php - my apologies :)

Advertisement