Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert appeal's?

Options
  • 13-08-2019 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Im quite happy with my results today while I'm still 20 points off my first choice. Although I am comforted by the fact that I'm deemed eligible for the Hear scheme so hopefully it will get me over the line. I'm mostly happy with most of my grades apart from ag science and biology. I was wondering how successful are appeal's and is there the chance u could end up going down a grade??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

When you say you're not happy, you are disappointed with how you did, or you think you did better and deserved more marks?

Apply online to look at the scripts and if you notice any glaring errors put in an appeal.

There is always the chance it goes down. That is why you have a look at the papers first to see if there is any point in an appeal (if, for example you are only a couple of marks off the next grade).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Thatlcgirl

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Im quite happy with my results today while I'm still 20 points off my first choice. Although I am comforted by the fact that I'm deemed eligible for the Hear scheme so hopefully it will get me over the line. I'm mostly happy with most of my grades apart from ag science and biology. I was wondering how successful are appeal's and is there the chance u could end up going down a grade??

Same here but I'm 34 points off. I have hear but the course is so damn high in points idk if in going to make it. I'm going to view all my scripts and I'm gonna appeal English and geography (for points and my sanity ) I'm just worried about the course not being offered after appeals and starting late(ugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Thatlcgirl wrote: »
    Same here but I'm 34 points off. I have hear but the course is so damn high in points idk if in going to make it. I'm going to view all my scripts and I'm gonna appeal English and geography (for points and my sanity ) I'm just worried about the course not being offered after appeals and starting late(ugh)

Same I'm gonna take an especially closer look at Maths and Bio as they were marked using the new online technique so there is a possibility that mistakes can be made especially considering this is a new system. Best of luck and hope you get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

spurious wrote: »
    When you say you're not happy, you are disappointed with how you did, or you think you did better and deserved more marks?

Apply online to look at the scripts and if you notice any glaring errors put in an appeal.

There is always the chance it goes down. That is why you have a look at the papers first to see if there is any point in an appeal (if, for example you are only a couple of marks off the next grade).

Good advice may as well and try get the mark you think you merited.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Always good to have an experienced examiner view them with you too, they will have a far better idea of whether there is a real chance of an upgrade.
    Paddy223 wrote: »
    Same I'm gonna take an especially closer look at Maths and Bio as they were marked using the new online technique so there is a possibility that mistakes can be made especially considering this is a new system.
    There isn't really a "new online technique" when it comes to the actual *marking* though ... what is new and online is that the scripts are scanned, and viewed and marked on screen by the examiner rather than in paper form.

There is no change to how the actual marking is conducted, it's not like there is computer marking involved as there can be in some exams abroad where certain sections with multiple choice questions are computer-marked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement