Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Services Jobs Site

Options
  • 13-08-2019 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi All. I am based in London (have been for c. 20 years) and have always intended on moving back to Ireland. Given the mess here at present, am thinking of accelerating that process.

My experience is all in Financial Services (FS) and has spanned a few areas disciplines (asset management, investment banking, wealth management, insurance) and typically sit between IT and Business, with roles ranging from PM to Data BA, the last 10 years of which were as a contractor.

With 2 kids to feed, I'll need to get a job. However, I am wondering what the best jobsite(s) to use is (are). As I don't have a definitive timeframe, I am note quite at the agency stage as yet, but have LinkedIn to The Panel.

I have had a look at Irish Jobs (have the app) but find it pretty limited in terms of salary availability (default “depending on experience” - probably the norm) and limited in terms of filtering (key word search and location alone). I’ve also used LinkedIn (again, not much option on filtering) and efinancialcareers (not many Irish based roles on there.

Are the above sites a good representation of available FS jobs in Ireland? Are there any sites other than the above I should look at (is Monster still widely used)? Maybe a dedicated financial services jobsite or similar? Maybe I should just make a list of companies I am interested in and check their career sections

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Guess we're all in the same boat then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Without being funny, surely after 20 years in FS you've got some kind of contact base or ear to the ground in terms of what opportunities or openings are out there in the wider marketplace that would fit your interests or skill set?

Failing that, yes, a decent recruiter would be the best first stop to gauge availability of roles and what you can expect to earn.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Without being funny, surely after 20 years in FS you've got some kind of contact base or ear to the ground in terms of what opportunities or openings are out there in the wider marketplace that would fit your interests or skill set?

Failing that, yes, a decent recruiter would be the best first stop to gauge availability of roles and what you can expect to earn.

It was a specific question on websites used for FS recruitment in Ireland. I also mentioned exactly why I wouldn't be speaking to recruiters at this stage. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

That's fair enough, I've always found personal contacts or inside information on teams/management/structure a much better marker of what a job is likely to offer within FS than a recruiter who is trying to sell you the job.

In terms of websites, a specific company eg. Citi, Apex, State Street etc should all have open roles for the country listed on their LinkedIn site. Failing that, it's usually recruiters who post the jobs on the likes of monster, so it's much of a muchness for the most part who you will end up going to via that route (in Dublin anyway).

Im happy to recommend a specific recruiter who placed me into my last role (mid-management in a global company) but has excellent contacts and gets roles from boutique companies to global and is well in sync with the market. PM me for his name, not sure if it's the done thing naming on here.

Thanks and fair points! PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement