Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laragh Classic 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

not to mention the finest selection of cakes and sandwiches that domestic racing has ever witnessed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Reminder that the nature of the Laragh Classic course means all races are LIMITED to 60 riders.

If you want to be one of the few dancing up the Wicklow Gap on Saturday week, you must enter online.

For more information, including details of the route, see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Races like this make me wish I was a better climber.... for about 10 seconds!!!

dahat wrote: »
    Races like this make me wish I was a better climber.... for about 10 seconds!!!

G'wan - you know you want to :D

Maybe next year when I'm hopefully leaner & stronger, just to experience it at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭fat bloke

not to mention the finest selection of cakes and sandwiches that domestic racing has ever witnessed :pac:

So.... is access to this snacky delectation restricted to finishers or would merely signing up suffice? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

fat bloke wrote: »
    So.... is access to this snacky delectation restricted to finishers or would merely signing up suffice? :pac:

Also this :D

There's only one way to find out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Damn.
    I wonder how big a roller you'd need to flatten Wicklow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

is the A3 race a separate race or handicap with the A1/A2s?

Also, any links to the course in Strava?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

A3 is a separate race

Here's a Strava Link

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A3 is not a race, just to be clear, it is a war of attrition against all who roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

We'll be sharpening our knives and getting our bake on soon. Send on your requests

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Just a follow up on entries for this. Women's races still has places but the A1/2 close to full and the A3 is filling up reaaaal nice. weather is shaping up to be decent for it so if anyone on here has designs on getting in, try and get your entry in online before it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Just a follow up on entries for this. Women's races still has places but the A1/2 close to full and the A3 is filling up reaaaal nice. weather is shaping up to be decent for it so if anyone on here has designs on getting in, try and get your entry in online before it closes.

https://www.met.ie/weather-forecast/laragh-wicklow#forecasts

not so sure about your forecast about the forecast and any bit of rain during the week in the area sticks to the road to rathdrum and back to moneystown. tricky when moving.

great race though - even for the non climbers, its epic going up Wicklow Gaps both ways, never mind coming out of Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Will you be posting a startlist?

Probably not - we didn't last year.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Probably not - we didn't last year.

it would be great if you did. always think a start list adds to the excitement. we knew ahead of john beggs last time out.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    it would be great if you did. always think a start list adds to the excitement. we knew ahead of john beggs last time out.

I'll ask the Race Directors.

Handful of places left in the A3 event and the A1/2 race is now full though you can enquire via our Facebook page in case of cancellations. Still places in the womens race.

The A1/A2 St Tiernan’s Laragh Classic, supported by Aviva, is now full and a very limited number of entries will be available for the Martin Vereker A3/Junior race on the day.

Any A3/Junior riders looking to race, and who missed the online entry window, should email the race organisers at laraghc2019@yahoo.com TODAY.

Current Start list is available here

Route Map is available here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

can someone copy and paste the a1/a2 start list please guys..as i cant open that file on my laptop..

can someone copy and paste the a1/a2 start list please guys..as i cant open that file on my laptop..

That's the best I can do on a mobile device.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dear lord, so much food, I cannot move. As a spectator that was a great watch.

Plenty good lads in A1A2 had early doors looking at Strava.

Who won the A3 race?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

CramCycle wrote: »
    Dear lord, so much food, I cannot move. As a spectator that was a great watch.

Any results? Nothing on StickyBottle yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Who won the A3 race?

One of the Greenmount guys, going by Hammer's pics.

Mugser wrote: »

Who won the A3 race?

One of the Greenmount guys, going by Hammer's pics.

Correct. Fintan Caulfield.

Full results ASAP. A1/A2 are on Stickybottle.

Great race and great route and unbelievable spread of food. Great work by Marshalls. Love the race as it’s eyeballs out from the start and really is about the strongest surviving. The only thing about the race, and this was same as last year, is that the traffic on the loop out to rathdrum and around to moneystown is lethal. I’m not sure what could be done but oncoming cars were not stopping and our race A1/2 met several on corners. There were motor bikes with us but I couldn’t tell whether they were doing traffic control or not? It’s not the fault of the club just the road itself is busy out and fairly bendy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Great race and great route and unbelievable spread of food. Great work by Marshalls. Love the race as it’s eyeballs out from the start and really is about the strongest surviving. The only thing about the race, and this was same as last year, is that the traffic on the loop out to rathdrum and around to moneystown is lethal. I’m not sure what could be done but oncoming cars were not stopping and our race A1/2 met several on corners. There were motor bikes with us but I couldn’t tell whether they were doing traffic control or not? It’s not the fauth of the club just the road itself is busy out and fairly bendy.

yeah traffic was very heavy..and it was quiet stressful at times on that section..but we race on open roads and we all know the score especially up around that neck ofthe woods this time of year..i had a dire day but thats racing..i got back looking for spare wheels i had in nuetral service and two lads went out of their way ringing the car ect to see how long they be..the tiernans lads are a great bunch and they put a super day..i want to thank all involved.

Advertisement