Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cache Clear - Samsung Galaxy J5

Options
  • 12-08-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I'm trying to free up "internal storage" on my phone. Its 16GB and it constantly has "not enough storage" notification. I'm locked into a contract until December and i have an SD card installed with everything possible being saved to it (photos, video's, apps where allowed etc). I've cleared the phone of all media by connecting it to my laptop and deleting everything i feel i don't need/want. I've 637MB of space available :(

i've read that clearing the cache from each app will help clear internal storage. But when i do this the counter goes to zero, i exit the app, go back in and the cache is still there???????

any helps or tips? I'm also unsure about deleting any preinstalled android apps in case my phone has a melt down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Clearing the cache would only be a temporary measure anyway. You are very limited with only having 16gb anyway. Do you use Google Photos? If you do, you can back up to the cloud and remove them from the device when done. This will free up some space - that is off course if you can get the app installed without any worry on space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Look through all apps installed, decide on the ones you hardly ever use uninstall them... Or in the case of pre installed ones (Samsung/Google apps) disable them that will also free up space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Same issue on my Mams phone, I deleted the news apps from her phone and I created website links to the news sites on her phone instead of the apps. It helps a bit and I also moved the apps I could do to the SD external card. But I feel your pain, its very frustrating :mad:

Advertisement